Root Cause Analysis for Minor Non-Conformities identified in an Audit

Booker

Starting to get Involved
Hello,
I am working at small company 50 employees.
We have been audited last month with three minor NCs.

One of them is:
"Internal Audit process not fully implemented, QMS was not covered in its entirety during the last 12 month period. Production process not audited in the last 12 month."

Frankly said we miss them for no special reason. Just I was lazy auditor, whatever.

Can anyone advise me some "good" root cause, why these audit haven't be performed.

Sorry for english.

Last edited:
K

keres

Re: Root Cause for minor Non-Conformities

One of them is:
"Internal Audit process not fully implemented, QMS was not covered in its entirety during the last 12 month period. Production process not audited in the last 12 month."

And this is noncoformity against what?

Frankly said we miss them for no special reason. Just I was lazy auditor, whatever.

Can anyone advise me some "good" root cause, why these audit haven't be performed.

The reason for your NC is somewhere here. :)

T

treesei

Hello,

One of them is:

Sorry for english.

Almost all system failures can be tracked back to "poor management". :)

You may try to see if there was lacking of resources, undefined requirements, etc.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Good day Booker, I have some questions:

1) Which standard is this NC against?

2) What does your procedure say about how often you will audit what process?

3) What does your schedule say about how often you will audit what process?

Booker

Starting to get Involved
Auditor put it under 8.2.2.1, but this is regarding to Process Audit which is 8.2.2.2.

We have Audit Schedule along with Process Audits for our main three production processes (each process have to be audited one per year) and only one Process Audit was performed, other two not.

P

pearsonow

So WHY were the other 2 not done?

That is what needs to be root caused, corrected and eliminated as a future source of none-conformities.

Olly

T

tomvehoski

I ran into this my last place. As far as ISO 9001 and TS-16949 go, there is not a requirement to audit your system annually as far as I can tell. The wording for TS is rather vague about "an annual schedule", and I never got a good interpretation as to "audit everything every 12 months" or "have a schedule every 12 months". There is a thread about it here somewhere.

The second time it came up I did not fight it as audits were not even done per our schedule. Root cause was a lack of resources (auditors and time) provided by top management. We had lost a couple auditors and the others were busy getting parts out the door with record sales. Formalizing an audit to report stuff I already knew (very small place) and knew I couldn't fix (other lacking resources) was not the #1 priority. I also thought it would wake management up if they took a hit from a TS auditor since they wouldn't listen to me. Corrective action - I don't know. My last day was the day of that audit (I had stayed to get them through it).

S

ssz102

the best way you can do is prepare plan for improvement and find out some important items to do somthing actions as implement programme recently

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Hello,

One of them is:

Sorry for english.
Your English is good enough and we understand what you said ....
You are supposed to have your process and interactions described per 4.2.2 c) of ISO9001., and if you have detailed it well, then you can see that the internal audit process would be interacting with all your other processes, including itself, ie: your internal audit process will also consider auditing the internal audit.
As you see this and make your audit program, you will not miss any process even if you are lazy. One of the good use of this " a description of the interaction between the processes of the quality management system." is audit planning.

>>> Can you get your root cause from here >>>

Top Bottom