Return Material Authorization (RMA) Metrics - Examples

R

Ron Tollett

hi Team, looking for a sample of a Return Material Authorization (RMA) metrics? Much appreciated.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Another quick "Bump". My Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this one.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
hi Team, looking for a sample of a Return Material Authorization (RMA) metrics? Much appreciated.

Hi Ron,
I would like to contribute .
I would suggest two related to the effectivess and efficiency.
One could be the rate of RMA on the product sold to the customer, another could be related to the responde time in case of an issue that caused a material return, for istance to respond to non conformity generated according to the problem solving method/process agreed with the customer in a certain time base ( 1 working week for corrective action plan , 24 hrs for containment etc...).
Hope this helps:bigwave:

xfngrs

Quite Involved in Discussions
I have an additional question on this. ISO/TS 16949 requires you to track Return Analysis cycle time. First, I can't seem to put my finger on which clause requires this. Second, is there an industry standard for what to use for cycle time? Is it the date you are notified, the date you receive the parts? Then on the end, is it when you contact the customer with the results or when you actually send a final report? For issues that keep requiring more analysis, what do you track?

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I have an additional question on this. ISO/TS 16949 requires you to track Return Analysis cycle time. First, I can't seem to put my finger on which clause requires this. Second, is there an industry standard for what to use for cycle time? Is it the date you are notified, the date you receive the parts? Then on the end, is it when you contact the customer with the results or when you actually send a final report? For issues that keep requiring more analysis, what do you track?

Look at Clause 8.5.2.4 Rejected product test/analysis (page 34).

The organization shall analyze parts rejected by the customer's manufacturing plants, engineering facilities and dealerships. The organization shall minimize the cycle time of this process. Records of these analyses shall be kept and made available upon request. The organization shall perform analysis and initiate corrective action to prevent recurrence.

NOTE Cycle time related to rejected product analysis should be consistent with the determination of root cause, corrective action and monitoring the effectiveness of implementation.

S

silentrunning

Let’s see if I can explain our system. We first have an Excel program on the mainframe. Our Customer Service Rep fills in the data for the RMA request. The department Manager and the Q.A. Manager then approve the request in the spreadsheet. When the parts are returned the quantity and date are entered on the spread sheet along with the internal owner of the parts. A date for completion is applied by Q.A. Manager. Once the parts are corrected / replaced / reshipped, the Q.A. issues a Corrective Action Request. Once this is completed the problem is closed out and will be checked for effectiveness in 3 months.

This method has served us well for the last 7 years but will be scrapped by the end of the year as we move into a complete new system. Wish us luck.

S

ssz102

Hi Ron,
I would like to contribute .
I would suggest two related to the effectivess and efficiency.
One could be the rate of RMA on the product sold to the customer, another could be related to the responde time in case of an issue that caused a material return, for istance to respond to non conformity generated according to the problem solving method/process agreed with the customer in a certain time base ( 1 working week for corrective action plan , 24 hrs for containment etc...).
Hope this helps:bigwave:
this method is same as our company

Top Bottom