Fluorescent Lamp Load Test for Switch in IEC 60669-1 Standard

B

bangtown

I have a question regarding IEC 60669-1 clause 19.2_ Fluorescent lamp load test for switch intended for using with fluorescent lamp.
One of the requirements of test circuit supply is :The prospective short-circuit current of the supply shall be between 3 kA and 4 kA at cos ϕ = 0,9 ± 0,05 (lagging).
Our prospective short-circuit current is extremely low: 400A.:frust:
My question is: Why the standard require The prospective short-circuit current (PSCC), what does PSCC impact to the fluorescent lamp test? and how we can do to improve the PSCC?
Thanks and regards.

B

bangtown

Now I understood,
Thanks Stijloor and Marc for your supporting.
Regards.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
We try to get as many questions answered as we can, but sometimes there isn't anyone here familiar enough with the specific topic to be able to help.

But you never know. Maybe some will see this and be able to help.

B

bangtown

We try to get as many questions answered as we can, but sometimes there isn't anyone here familiar enough with the specific topic to be able to help.

But you never know. Maybe some will see this and be able to help.

Hi Marc,
My mean that now I understand my problem,:lol:
The short circuit current impact to the line inductance in fluorescent lamp circuit. By this way, it impact to the peak current in steady-state of circuit when the switch switching. So it is the mandatory requirement of fluorescent lamp load test.
:thanx:

Top Bottom