Differences between Design, Development, and Production

G

Goldstarr

Friends

I require help with understanding the concept of design and development v/s production.

I am confused with the term development and production. Do these terms carry the same meaning

Also can anyone share few templates for production plan.

Thank you.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Good day Goldstarr,

To put it simply:

Design = creating a concept of something (product or service)

Development = creating the process(es) that allow the designed thing (product or service) to be realized

Production = correctly following the process(es) that allow the designed thing to be realized

I regret to not know specifically what industry you are working in, so I did a search of post attachments (see the green button in the header of this page) using simply key word "APQP" and came up with this list of APQP attachments for you to review.

I hope this helps!

G

Goldstarr

Good day Goldstarr,

To put it simply:

Design = creating a concept of something (product or service)

Development = creating the process(es) that allow the designed thing (product or service) to be realized

Production = correctly following the process(es) that allow the designed thing to be realized

I regret to not know specifically what industry you are working in, so I did a search of post attachments (see the green button in the header of this page) using simply key word "APQP" and came up with this list of APQP attachments for you to review.

I hope this helps!
Gday Jennifer

Thank you for your response.Can you suggest few examples to help me understand the development process ?

We are the manufacturers of electronic components.

Thank you

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Friends

I require help with understanding the concept of design and development v/s production.

I am confused with the term development and production. Do these terms carry the same meaning

Also can anyone share few templates for production plan.

Thank you.
A design is a technical thinking of how a product or service can be made available taking into account several inputs or needs from user's, regulation, similar products, and one's own innovation and imagination.
It is all in your mind and thin air. But one must productionize it to reach out to people and a business is created., and so you develop (build it in the way you thought) it and bring about specification, drawings, procedures, test methods, packaging procedures, labeling procedures, etc.. etc... fine tuning them so that it can be made economically, consistently, and in multiple (Together is design and develpment)
These will help some other people to buy / make it in numbers which look and work in the same desired way and can then be reached out (marketed / sold) to user's and new user's can also be created and a need is met/created and met. (This is production)

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
Agree with other posts. You can try this too.
Development is like an embryo, it matures stage by stage and finally becomes capable of facing world. Production is like baby being born with production volume 1 or sometimes 2 or rarely 3. Design you know what.:D

Top Bottom