The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > National and International Business System Standards > Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Integrating API Spec Q1 with ISO 9001:2015 - Page 2

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Standards Organization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags (Not all threads are Tagged)
api q1 - oil industry quality management system (qms), iso 9001:2015

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 6th June 2017, 06:09 AM
avisgop

Total Posts: 5
Re: Integrating API Spec Q1 with ISO 9001:2015

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by randomname View Post

Easiest way to do this is to purchase the API spec. If you're going to get certified to it your organization would be expected to have a valid copy (not a violation of copyright laws) of it.

We are already certified to API and I do have a copyright copy of API Spec Q1,9th Edition! I have also mapped the additional clause wise requirements of ISO 9001:2015 against API Spec Q1, ninth edition.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 6th June 2017, 06:16 AM
avisgop

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by QAMTY View Post

I think, those are differents things
Avisgope please explain, what do you mean with correlation? (relationship?)
There is not any specific relationship with APi, or ASTM.
under ISO, into your processes, yo can use API, ASTM or whatever and if you want to be certified on ISO, go with an ISO CB, and if you want to be certified under API, or ASTM look for those entities which certify you on such standards.

I hope this helps

Pd I´m ISO certified for one side and on the other side , I´m certified on ASTM, We manufacture pressure vessels.
Maybe I have not put it in the right way. We do have QMS which meets the requirement of ISO 9001:2008 and API Spec Q1, ninth edition. We are certified to both API as well as ISO 9K. Since ISO 9001:2008 has been revised to ISO 9001:2015 we need to capture in the additional requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
API Spec Q1 till the eighth edition had good correlation to ISO 9001:2008 with additional requirements. Now API Spec Q1 is likely to be revised to 10th Edition which in turn will be aligned with latest ISO 9001:2015 requirements( with of course additional requirements).
Sponsored Links

Post Number #11  
Old 6th June 2017, 06:27 AM
avisgop

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Confussed View Post

From what is have read the answer is "NO' no one on this site has or isn't sharing the information. I would think API has it but they are not good at sharing to its "customers". This also going to be my objective this year. Perhaps other will see the thread and actually provide some information that is actually a benefit. Regards,

Agreed to whatever you have mentioned in your reply. The next revision of API Spec Q1 to the 10th edition is likely to provide more information on the possible alignment with ISO 9001:2015.

Regards,

Avisgop
  Post Number #12  
Old 6th June 2017, 06:35 AM
avisgop

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Eredhel View Post

It's definitely worth your time to buy the spec and pour over it. To give you an idea of what is required you could visualize that ISO 9001 has its requirements, AS9100 adds a little to what is in ISO 9001, and API adds even more. It really is important to pursue it in the context of your organization and you can't do that if you aren't familiar with it yourself.
Hi Eredhel,

I do have the specs of both API Spec Q1, ninth edition and ISO 9001:2015 which are copyright editions. I have completed the integration of our QMS ( ISO 9k & API Spec Q1) and waiting for the ISO 9K recertification Audit. :
  Post Number #13  
Old 6th June 2017, 07:51 AM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 8,760

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by avisgop View Post

The next revision of API Spec Q1 to the 10th edition is likely to provide more information on the possible alignment with ISO 9001:2015.
API decoupled Q1 from ISO9001 deliberately with the 9th Edition. I don't believe API has any intention to revert the decision anytime soon.
  Post Number #14  
Old 7th June 2017, 07:50 AM
avisgop

Thumbs up Re: Integrating API Spec Q1 with ISO 9001:2015

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Sidney Vianna View Post

API decoupled Q1 from ISO9001 deliberately with the 9th Edition. I don't believe API has any intention to revert the decision anytime soon.
Hi Sidney Vienna,
I agree with you that API has deviated away from ISO 9001:2008 requirements with the introduction of risk based approach. API’s Subcommittee on Quality (SC 18 Task Group 2) is presently working on review of ISO 9001:2015 standard to ascertain the required changes which will be later part of API Spec Q1. This will then will be released as API Spec Q1, 10th Edition. The work is under progress and it is likely to be released either by this yearend or early next year. Moreover, ISO/TS 29001:2010 (equivalent of API Spec Q1, eighth edition) is also undergoing changes to incorporate the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 (ISO /WD 29001)

Regards,

Avisgop
Thank You to avisgop for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #15  
Old 10th June 2017, 10:55 AM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 8,760
Thumbs up Re: Integrating API Spec Q1 with ISO 9001:2015

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by avisgop View Post

Hi Sidney Vienna,
I agree with you that API has deviated away from ISO 9001:2008 requirements with the introduction of risk based approach. API’s Subcommittee on Quality (SC 18 Task Group 2) is presently working on review of ISO 9001:2015 standard to ascertain the required changes which will be later part of API Spec Q1. This will then will be released as API Spec Q1, 10th Edition. The work is under progress and it is likely to be released either by this yearend or early next year. Moreover, ISO/TS 29001:2010 (equivalent of API Spec Q1, eighth edition) is also undergoing changes to incorporate the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 (ISO /WD 29001)

Regards,

Avisgop
Thanks for sharing your knowledge of API Q1. Maybe you could disclose the real reasons why API decoupled Q1 from 9001 in the 9th Edition. I had heard it was due to intellectual property disputes.

Also, can you clarify if the next editions of Q1 and TS 29001 are supposed to be identical, as in the past? Because, if not, the Oil & Gas supply chain might revolt having to deal with a multitude of QMS Standards being imposed onto them, such as API Q1 & Q2, ISO 9001:2015, ISO/TS 29001:2018 (?), etc.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > National and International Business System Standards > Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations