Interpreting Lean Survey Results

P

pinder

hello everybody, i conducted a questionnaire based survey of industries to check Degree of use of lean tools, Benefits achieved by applying lean tools and Barriers faced in the implementation of tools. and then i conducted t test using spss software between small scale and Medium/Large Scale Industries.
i am sharing with you the results, can you help me in interperting the results and can someone suggest me some good book or other source of information on statistical analysis (t test, p value etc)

Attachments

• Table for small and medium_Page_1.jpg
    Table for small and medium_Page_1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 258
  • Table for small and medium_Page_2.jpg
    Table for small and medium_Page_2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Table for small and medium_Page_3.jpg
    Table for small and medium_Page_3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 194
  • Table for small and medium_Page_4.jpg
    Table for small and medium_Page_4.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 238
D

DsqrdDGD909

hello everybody, i conducted a questionnaire based survey of industries to check Degree of use of lean tools, Benefits achieved by applying lean tools and Barriers faced in the implementation of tools. and then i conducted t test using spss software between small scale and Medium/Large Scale Industries.
i am sharing with you the results, can you help me in interperting the results and can someone suggest me some good book or other source of information on statistical analysis (t test, p value etc)

I assume that the responses were based on a scale of 1-5? What % of your questionnaires were returned? I would caution against classical statistical analysis of subjective ratings. Perhaps a Pareto analysis may be more in order?

P

pinder

I assume that the responses were based on a scale of 1-5? What % of your questionnaires were returned? I would caution against classical statistical analysis of subjective ratings. Perhaps a Pareto analysis may be more in order?

thank for replying sir, my questionnaires was based on 5 point Lickert’s scale rating(if you want i can send you my questionnaire) i made my questionnaire taking into guidance world class manufacturing report 2005 in which a survey was condected on lean.
regarding "What % of your questionnaires were returned?" i sent my questionnaires to 100 industries out of which 36 responses were obtained but on analysis we found that 3 questionnaires were partially filled so i rejected them so out of 100 industies 33 industries sent me completely filled questionnaires.

D

duecesevenOS - 2009

Real interesting results from the last page there. Scores over 3 for shop floor attitudes being a barrier going down to scores of 1-2 for top management being a barrier.

This could be very skewed depending upon who (in the company) responded to your survey. I would think that top management would be very unlikely to admit that their own attitude toward lean was a barrier. Most consultants will tell you fairly quickly that the most common reason lean has a tendency to fail is by not getting buy in from the top.

Something else that you might need to keep in mind is that companies with an established lean culture were probably much more likely to respond to your survey than other companies. A company that is behind the ball and not implementing lean on a regular basis is much less likely to care about filling out a survey on lean. This will skew the data.

Top Bottom