ISO 9001 Audit Checklist - Need to rewrite the audit questions at our MFG facility

R

Reggie

I need to rewrite the audit questions at our MFG facility. I will not be using PDCA sheets. The questions we have now are very redundant. Any help in writing the audit in plain english would be greatful
Thanks,
Liz

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Re: ISO 9001 Audit Checklist - Need to rewrite the audit questions

Reggie said:
I need to rewrite the audit questions at our MFG facility. I will not be using PDCA sheets. The questions we have now are very redundant. Any help in writing the audit in plain english would be greatful
Thanks,
Liz

What do you mean by PDCA sheets? What do you mean by redundant?

Look at the links at the bottom of this thread to see some possible related threads.

Have you tried doing a search yet?

R

Reggie

Hi There,
What I mean by the "Redundant" comment is all of the questions for one section are asked over just using different wording. The PDCA Check list stands for "Plan, Do , Check, Act" I have spoken to a company that does ISO Training and they told me not to use them, that you audit from your process not the standard. I am looking to understand what the standard means and how to write the Internal Audit questions.
Thanks,
Liz:)

Re: ISO 9001 Audit Checklist - Need to rewrite the audit questions at our MFG facilit

Hullo, Liz,
Reggie said:
What I mean by the "redundant" comment is all of the questions for one section are asked over just using different wording.
I agree, that would make them pretty redundant. For one thing, the general idea is to create a new checklist (new questions, tailored to suit the scope of the audit) for every audit, as opposed to reusing previous stuff. Would it be possible to provide us with a sample checklist just to get the feel of what you are currently using?

Secondly: When you say "section", are you referring to part of the std or a department? In both cases you run the risk of auditing just part of a process:

A process often spans across several departments/sections or whatever, and auditing a dep. is likley to cover but part of a number of processes (and the interfacing between differen departments is exactly where problems are often abound).

The same goes for auditing just part of the std. You run a great risk of not seeing the whole picture.

Reggie said:
I am looking to understand what the standard means and how to write the Internal Audit questions.
We are of course willing to help, but I also strongly suggest some training. How about the training company you mentioned?

/Claes

Top Bottom