VDA 6.3 - Requirement for Process Audits all shifts

soulmas

Involved In Discussions
Hi!

During a TS audit, our auditor indicated that VDA 6.3 audits should be done in all shifts. customer indicated to us (verbally) that our internal audits (not VDA) should be done in all shifts that we do that.. however, the total VDA 6.3 audit is conducted only in one shifts.. sometimes two.. (first and second) but not necessarialy in all shifts.. is this a NC?
I checked VDA 6.3 book, on page 23 says that for planing purposes, breaks, foreign languages, changes in shifts should be considered. But I do not think that this is telling me that I should conduct a VDA audit in all shifts.

By the other hand, P6.2.2 also mention that to ensure constant quality, evidence must be produced after a break (i.e: 2 shifts). But the question itself is regarding if the operations are checked. So, based on this the interpretation we have is that we can check the evidence of second shift on first shift and we will be in compliance with VDA 6.3. we do not have to be present during the second shift. That is what we normally do. That's what the customer does too.. What is your interpretation?

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
In my past experience with audits (QS9000, ISO 9001, TS16949, VDA 6.3, etc etc ad naseum), the 3rd party auditor has always required that we audit all 3 shifts, AND that we show evidence that our internal audits cover all shifts as well.
It only makes sense - if you have a system in place, you need to demonstrate that it works all the time, not just when the management team is on the premises.

soulmas

Involved In Discussions
thank you for your comments... I agree that it makes sense to cover all shifts..For our TS internal audits we cover those 3 shifts.. for our manufacturing process audits...all shifts are covered as well.. we do LPA's... same thing.. all shifts... Dock audit.. all shifts... however, for VDA 6.3... we do the audit based on the questions to be completed in the first shift.. sometimes... due to the auditor availability, she normally does it during the first and second shift. Talking to the auditor, she was explaining to me that VDA 6.3 she cover all processes but not all shifts. She does not see any non-compliance with VDA 6.3... she also told me that the customer use the same approach when conducting the audit. So, where is the non-compliance for ISO/TS?

Top Bottom