ERP Data Control Requirements

pbojsen

Involved In Discussions
Hi all,

RE: Document Controls and data

I am used to systems where the data (e.g. input into the ERP system for component numbers, finished good numbers, item master, etc.) is run by Doc Control, and data input goes hand-in-hand with the documentation. If you don't have an approved spec, you can't release the component to production. There used to be an ISO requirement for document AND data control. Now there is just the requirement for document control.

What about systems where the ERP data is not controlled by Doc Control, and document control is looked upon as "a separate system"? :nope: Where can I find a QS requirement that, for example, parts can't get released to production by the ERP folks without an approved document? I feel very much like the tail is wagging the dog here.

Any input would be appreciated.
:thanks:

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
Any input would be appreciated.

Sounds like there is a process in place. Are you the process owner? Are you trying to design or assess the process?

I would consider asking the process owner to show you a flow chart or procedure for the process. I would then audit the process. If it is in control, no worries. If there are issues, issue a corrective action.

Eric

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I am not sure what you are asking. The data is controlled by the ERP system itself. Sounds like you are talking about the process to enter the data?

K

Kane Nawrocki

ERP software supports your all kind of works like sales, accounting, finance and all about your business.now instead of this normal ERP software go for Cloud ERP Software which already doing above mention functions but in advance it also make benefits in to share resources, sensitive data, protects data from suspicious activity like hacking and all that.To securely work on your ERP i prefer Cloud ERP Software.There are many Cloud ERP Software available.Go for it and search some good software which is appropriate to your business.

Top Bottom