CMMI Roadmap - The process of implementing CMMI Level 3

K

karthikganesh

Our company is in the process of implementing CMMI level 3.Please help me with CMMI road map samples which will help me in preparing road map for our company which is small (500+ employees)

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Our company is in the process of implementing CMMI level 3.Please help me with CMMI road map samples which will help me in preparing road map for our company which is small (500+ employees)

Welcome to The Cove Forums!! :bigwave: :bigwave:

A quick advanced forum search on CMMI Level 3 yielded these results.

You still need to do some additional searches and browsing through the treads and posts. At least, it helps you to get started. :agree1:

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

P

PE-2011

Dear Mr.Karthik,

I am a certified appraisal auditor for CMMI and able to implement cmmi. From which company you are and location. kind of industry? product? If you can mail me details I can have a look at it.

Richard Regalado

Trusted Information Resource
Dear Mr.Karthik,

I am a certified appraisal auditor for CMMI and able to implement cmmi. From which company you are and location. kind of industry? product? If you can mail me details I can have a look at it.

What is a certified appraisal auditor and how does it differ from a certified auditor? Sorry off-topic but I am curious about this.

Thanks.

P

pldey42

The CMMI is the roadmap. Have you done level 2? Because that is the first step, from which the organization ought to learn how to drive itself up through levels 3 and 4 to, eventually, level 5.

Examples will be hard to come by because they would include much proprietary information and indicate areas of immaturity, information upon weaknesses that most organizations will not want to make public. That said, there's lots of "how to" guidance at the SEI:

http://www.sei.cmu.edu/cmmi/start/

Hope this helps,
Pat

P

pldey42

What is a certified appraisal auditor and how does it differ from a certified auditor? Sorry off-topic but I am curious about this.

Thanks.

Here's my understanding from my work a while ago with the old CMM. I believe it has not changed substantively with regard to the overall concepts.

The SEI's CMMI assessment processes are like process audits but much more detailed. Some are formal and conducted by external assessors according to strict rules for consistently assessing the maturity level of the organization (e.g. as part of supplier evaluation); others are still formal but for internal purposes and include strong processes for facilitating self-assessment and consensus.

They're a lot more time consuming than ISO-style audits, and the internal ones especially can lead to much deeper results that have more credibility with staff. The CMMI models are significantly more detailed and appropriate to real-world engineering and management than the more abstract and generic ISO models. The certification processes and the training for practitioners is controlled by the SEI. There was a time when it was difficult to get such training and qualifications unless one was working for US DoD subcontractors, but that appears to have been relaxed.

Hope this helps,
Pat

Top Bottom