OSHA Hazcom GHS Implementation - June 1 2015 deadline

Scott Catron

True Artisan
Super Moderator
I work at a small, family-owned chemical manufacturer and we're are knee-deep in becoming GHS compliant.

Our biggest obstacle is finding a robust printing option at our smaller operations around the country.

I'm personally tasked with getting our MSDS converted to SDS and labeling issues.

Anyone else?

Doug Tropf

Quite Involved in Discussions
Are you talking about a means to print the required labels? If that is the case, we use a Duralabel system that works well.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
An old thread...but still in process around the country...

June 1, 2015 started the requirement that what you shipped out met the new label requirements.

June 1, 2016 started the requirement that every container on site meet those requirements.

A month after the deadline...How is everyone doing?

C

Chickenlips

You don't need a fancy labeling program to create your in-house labels. I created mine in Microsoft Word and printed them on Avery Labels. We just place clear tape over them to keep them legible.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
How many products do you have that need labeling? I have a few thousand, and combinations thereof.

C

Chickenlips

I only have a few. Sorry, I read through the forum again and realized you guys are probably manufacturers.

We are just users, and only need to label the secondary containers that we might pour the chemicals into. So my Word document works for me, but probably not for the chemical manufacturers.

Sorry, should have read through it before I responded.

Top Bottom