Confused on PPAP re-submission - Help on PSW (Part Submission Warrant)

I

Iznul - 2010

Hi all

I'm confused on the PPAP re-submission and particularly on the PSW for re-submission.

FYI, I have send level 3 PPAP for initial submission approval and already approved by customer. The problem is that now, one of the component used, IC have been EOL by the manufacturer and we have to source from different manufacturer.
Our customer requested us to resubmit level 3 PPAP which from my point of view is irrellevant as the component change is not compramise the quality and the function of the product. Am i correct to say this?

On the PSW,

Where should i addresses the changes that have been made?... is it under " Additional Engineering changes", is where I should put changes eg.Change of IC manfacturer and effective date.

and under " Declaration", during the initial submission, we follow as per PPAP manual - significant production run, which the min is 300. However my question here is that, for re-submission, do we still have to build the quantity as per the PPAP manual? .. FYI, we only build 10 pcs for our customer to sign off as this part with new IC have not go through mass pro yet.

I'm so confused in the PPAP re-submission process! Please Help ! :frust:

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: HELP on PSW

Normally we would say " talk to your customer " but as the customer already asked for a re-submit I think (know) you have to do this.

A lot of things can be taken over from the previous submission but some items like new initial production run, measurement and testing, material report, .... and of course a new PSW on which an indication can be given in the box " supplier or material source change " that can be found on the March 2006 version of the PSW.
I hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Antoine

R

ranvir.jaryal

Hi Iznul,

I will try to give some idea, however our seniors will guide us more on this.

1. PPAP needs to be resubmitted, as supplier for one of the part has been changed.
2. You can mark "Sub-Supplier or Material Source Change" in reason for submission.
3. In PSW you are required to attach statistical process package. So for this you should have atleast 30 parts to get this data and check your process.

R

Randy Stewart

Also, your customer may want to see some data from your new supplier. Even though the change may not effect anything that you do, it does have an impact on the final product. If your company is the one that changed the supplier, then you must monitor them. If your customer made the change they may still want you to monitor the "sub-tier" supplier.
Always look at how it impacts the final product or how it impacts what you sell to your customer.
Once again, it may not change anything in your process, but by looking at the saleable goods or end product you can see how it can impact your customer.:2cents:

Top Bottom