Has anyone taken the AS9100 Delta course / exam?

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi;

Has anyone taken the AS9100 Delta course / exam?

If you have - can you share your views or thoughts on the course and exam.

I am getting ready to take and wanted to know which areas to focus.

Thanks

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I took it a couple of weeks ago. Overall I thought the study materials were much better than the materials they've done in the past. There are a lot of materials available to reference as you go through the training, and you can take as long as you want to study them. They include a side-by-side comparison of the standard versions, all of the new forms, IAQG presentations, supply chain management handbook (SCMH) references, etc.

The final exam is timed and you'll really need to manage your time to make sure you finish. You have to read the scenarios and answer the questions as quickly as you can - no time to think twice about it. I ended up not finishing the last few questions. They do give you feedback at the end in three different areas - 9100 requirements, 9101 forms requirements, and comprehension of the scenario. These are combined into an overall score. A passing score is 75%. Unfortunately I didn't pass. In my opinion the time given to read and comprehend the scenarios is ridiculously short. Retake is $195. :rolleyes:

dsanabria

Thanks for the feedback - I will be taking it this week (and prepare to fail) because that is how they make more money!!!

In the past the writers of the materials lack experience in the aerospace field (base on the manual and exercise that they present - probably true for the big companies but nothing that a small company will see) and common sense and they have a philosophy that every NCR has to be a major NCR - did you get that feeling? :2cents:

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Are you guys talking about a lead auditor course or????

If they don't give you time to read and "think twice" about scenarios then they are just trying to drive down the pass rate. I want an auditor who will always "think twice" before writing a NC on me.

dsanabria

Are you guys talking about a lead auditor course or????

If they don't give you time to read and "think twice" about scenarios then they are just trying to drive down the pass rate. I want an auditor who will always "think twice" before writing a NC on me.

Yes - AS9100D - Qualification Course for Auditor to audit for Registrar!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
As of yesterday, in OASIS NG, there were 7 people in the world authenticated as AEA's for AS9100:2016; 3 of them in the USA.

howste

Thaumaturge
In the past the writers of the materials lack experience in the aerospace field (base on the manual and exercise that they present - probably true for the big companies but nothing that a small company will see) and common sense and they have a philosophy that every NCR has to be a major NCR - did you get that feeling? :2cents:

I agree. With their past materials it seemed like they pasted an aerospace face on their poorly done automotive materials. This time I feel like they did a very good job with the study materials.

Unfortunately it looks like they are trying for (and succeeding with) a very low pass rate on the exam. If all they want are auditors who make snap judgments with very little information, the exam timing is good. I don't think that's what they really want. When they run out of AS91XX auditors to support the certification scheme they'll be kicking themselves (again) for this strategy.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
I agree. If all they want are auditors who make snap judgments with very little information, the exam timing is good. I don't think that's what they really want. When they run out of AS91XX auditors to support the certification scheme they'll be kicking themselves (again) for this strategy.

What a stupid strategy. As an auditor sometimes it takes me an hour to come to a decision, and I often go looking for more information before I decide, and/or discuss it with other auditors. I have even decided to sleep on some stuff. I wanna get it right, not fast, and despite what some say, there are grey areas.

Top Bottom