TS 16949 Internal Audit Trainer Traceability to IATF

tony s

Information Seeker
Trusted Information Resource
Hi everybody,

A certifying body here raised a nonconformity for a company whose internal audit training was conducted by a non-registered/accredited IATF/TS 16949 auditor.

I know that this issue has been repeatedly discussed before but according to my source, an auditor from another certifying body, that this is what most CB's are looking for. Trainers' certificates must be traceable to IATF.

We don't supply directly to any of the big three and our customers are not requiring us to comply to such requirements. We supply products to semicon/integrated circuits manufacturer who want us to be TS certified. A certifying body approved our eligibility to TS and we already booked a schedule for the readiness review.

As of now, I can say that we have already addressed the requirements of the TS standard even the Annex 1 of the Rules for Achieving IATF Recognition with regard to the minimum 12 months performance trend.

The problem is our internal auditor trainer is not IATF registered or has a certificate traceable to IATF though has a lot of experience about training, consulting, and even auditing QS 9001 and TS 16949 certified companies.

Is there any official document coming from IATF or any regulating body about this?

Hope u can help us, as you always did.

Thanks in advance,

tony s

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hi everybody,

A certifying body here raised a nonconformity for a company whose internal audit training was conducted by a non-registered/accredited IATF/TS 16949 auditor.

I know that this issue has been repeatedly discussed before but according to my source, an auditor from another certifying body, that this is what most CB's are looking for. Trainers' certificates must be traceable to IATF.

We don't supply directly to any of the big three and our customers are not requiring us to comply to such requirements. We supply products to semicon/integrated circuits manufacturer who want us to be TS certified. A certifying body approved our eligibility to TS and we already booked a schedule for the readiness review.

As of now, I can say that we have already addressed the requirements of the TS standard even the Annex 1 of the Rules for Achieving IATF Recognition with regard to the minimum 12 months performance trend.

The problem is our internal auditor trainer is not IATF registered or has a certificate traceable to IATF though has a lot of experience about training, consulting, and even auditing QS 9001 and TS 16949 certified companies.

Is there any official document coming from IATF or any regulating body about this?

Hope u can help us, as you always did.

Thanks in advance,

tony s

Where is the "shall"? There's nothing in the standard that mandates IATF-based internal auditor training. There might be customer-specific requirments (I think Ford has something along these lines) but the standard is silent on the issue.

M

mjones2

There is no requirement that I am aware of.

This would be one of the times I would appeal the auditors non conformity. The registrar should have informed you about the appeal process and if you let the auditor know you will appeal his decision - he or she may likely drop this non-conformity. I know my comment is a little late.

But you don't always have to take the auditors non conformances - if you cannot find the requirement in the TS Standard, CS Req, or their contract -- ask them to show you --- they have to show you.

The auditor should be auditing for effectivness - is your auditing plan, results, notes, effective? If not write that up - not some nit-picky BS.

This is totally not what the
TS standard is about -- my guess your auditor is a hold over from QS and somehow made the cut.

Maggie

S

SilverHawk

If and only if you are supplying to Ford where CSR required that the competency of the trainer have under specific training and qualification.

B

blackbird

Tony s - i agree with the comments, but also, did the C.B auditor state in his non compliance where in the standard it related to ( clause number etc..)???

al40

Quite Involved in Discussions
Good comment,

Always ask the auditor to show you the reference they are referring to when it comes to findings.

Al40

Top Bottom