QMS Software for Healthcare providers

W

w_grunfeld

Hello all,
Does anyone know of/has experience with an enterprise class QMS Software application being used by medium-large healthcare providers?
I have run searches and the closest industry application I found is lifescience companies . That's quite different as a healthcare provider is basically a service provider and not a manufacturing or design organization.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Has anyone used this software or have any suggestions?

Hello all,
Does anyone know of/has experience with an enterprise class QMS Software application being used by medium-large healthcare providers?
I have run searches and the closest industry application I found is lifescience companies . That's quite different as a healthcare provider is basically a service provider and not a manufacturing or design organization.

Could you please explain what you are specifically asking for and what type of controls; like Document Control, Entrepreneur, ERP or MRP software?

The answers will help other Covers to suggest or recommend software.

W

w_grunfeld

Sorry , I thought it was evident, I meant Quality Management System software, meaning software that supports all or most of ISO9001/ISO13485 processes . Not MRP/ERP (don't know what Entrepeneur is) but would need to interface with exisiting ERP
Thank you

M

MIREGMGR

As you may know, most US hospitals and similar healthcare providers utilize JCAHO for accreditation, rather than implementing and being certified to ISO 9001 or a similar quality system.

That may change in the future, as recently discussed in other threads, but for the moment the US market isn't a suitable place to look for enterprise software intended to implement a conventional quality system in a healthcare provider context.

That will tend to remove the US participants here from the pool of potential contributors who can usefully answer your questions. I hope a helpful answer will be forthcoming from one of the non-US participants, of course.

W

w_grunfeld

No, I did not know about JCAHO it has been an eye opener for me.
Thanks a lot and indeed I hope some covers from other parts of the world may have recommendations.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Over here, there was a mad rush for ISO 9001 certification at one time. Then the government step in and introduce the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) certification which was modeled along the Australian Council for Healthcare Standards (ACHS). My understanding is that this model is more comprehensive as it covers the following areas:

# Governing Body & Management
# Emergency Service
# Medical / Surgical Services
# Critical Care
# Operating Suite
# Day Surgery
# Anesthetic Service
# Allied Health
# Radiology
# Pathology
# Medical Records
# Nursing Service
# Central Sterilizing Service
# Pharmacy Service
# Food Service
# Housekeeping Service
# Linen Service
# Environmental Service
# Engineering Service
# General

M

MIREGMGR

Hospitals and major healthcare providing institutions in many countries use a best-practices approach to accreditation, such as outlined above, instead of a quality-systems approach. Best-practices-oriented accreditation organizations include JCAHO in the US (along with JCAHO International), CCHSA in Canada, HQA in UK, ANAES in France, JSQua in Japan, ACHS in Australia, NZCHS in New Zealand, in addition to MSQH in Malaysia as noted.

Top Bottom