Free book on Quality Tools!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sam4Quality

Dear Covers:

This is a book written by David Straker, covering most of the Quality Tools of today.

It was available as webpages on his website, which I downloaded one by one and coverted into a book. Some 394 pages.

Hope you like it.

Ciao. :cool:

NOTE: Attached file removed at the request of the author.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Limmeng

Dear Sam,

Thanks. This books is very useful. I wonder if this book can be distributed to anyone, including those not in this group.

Lim

S

selena15

Thanks lot Sam

As well as this is free why not to share with each other Limmeng :D

nice day to all cove
selena

S

Sam4Quality

Dear Lim:

This book is an open access one made available by David Straker on his website. I have just compiled it into a book. Infact, it was originally a book written by him a long time back. There is no copyright violation.

I am glad people have liked it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Dear Lim:

This book can an open access one made available by Davi Straker on his website. I have just compiled it into a book. Infact, it was originally a book written by him a long time back. There is no copyright violation.

I am glad people have liked it.

Whether or not there's a copyright violation depends on how the material is used. From the author's website:
The words here are copyright but you are free to use them for non-commercial purposes and of course you can link to anything here (that's what the internet is about!). If you want to use anything for commercial purposes, including use with a company intranet, please contact us so we can create a win-win agreement (we may even be able to add further value for you).

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
The moderators and I have been discussing this today. I have emailed David Straker and notified him of this thread. If he replies I'll let you all know.

Since Elsmar is ranked relatively highly and gets a lot of readers, I would think he will be happy to be linked to from here. It appears he hasn't updated his site since 2007 so I'm not sure what his situation is.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Dear Sam,

Thanks. This books is very useful. I wonder if this book can be distributed to anyone, including those not in this group.

Lim
With anything like this, I think the minimum would be a source citation. Or, like I did, email David Straker and ask.

S

Sam4Quality

Dear Marc:

Thank you very much for the follow up. I am equally hopeful that Mr. Straker would be happy to have his site link and the book here.

I was not ignorant of the copyright aspect of it, but probably took the easy way out on his statement under Intellectual Property:
If you want to reference anything on the site, or link to it, there is no need to ask for permission(we have had several kind requests about this).
There's definitely no harm in being polite enough to ask before using someone else's content. I agree. I will take care. Apologies for any inconvenience. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom