Ford QOS Training Program Recommendation

K

Kim Humphrey

I am looking for a recommendation for a good Ford QOS training program.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
This is an oldie and of no value to the original poster at this point, but... Is Ford still doing the QOS and Q1 trip?

bpritts

Involved - Posts
They certainly are still doing the Q1 program. There are several components to Q1, including a self-survey of your system to Q101 and various performance scores fed by your customer plants.

They still require operation of QOS. My major Ford-selling client doesn't hear much from Ford about it, though.

One thing I will speculate on: The last time Ford went on a tear to reduce supplier base, they used QOS measurements as one of the ways to evaluate the suppliers' management capability. They are starting a big supplier reduction now. I wonder whether they will ask to see the QOS data again? Does anyone know??? This made lots of Ford suppliers really tune up their QOS implementation... and brought benefits as a result.

Regards,
Brad

Marc

Leader
I have worked with companies in their Ford QOS and Q1 programs but it's been several years. That's why I asked. I haven't followed up on what Ford has been doing recently and wondered about their current focus and requirements.

I have most of their documents circa 2002, but I have no idea what, if anything, has changed.

Also see: ***DEAD LINK REMOVED*** If there is anything you can add, please attach the file to a post or e-mail it to me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
R

Rob Nix

I'm with Marc on this. It's been several years since I've worked at a company with Ford business, but a meeting I attended (around 2000?), which I think was put on by AIAG, had a Ford spokeman there who said Q-1 was being phased out (and STAs reassigned) and replaced by accepting the ISO and/or TS-16949 (in its infancy then) systems. Only the QOS requirement would remain. I guess things have changed since then.

Marc

Leader
Re: Looking for a recommendation for a good Ford QOS training program

Does FORD still has it's Q1 program? And what is the status of their QOS program?

Anyone here "up to date" on what FORD is up to?

Cathey

Registered
Re: Looking for a recommendation for a good Ford QOS training program

Yes Marc, Ford still has a Q1 and QOS program. I'm currently in the process of researching all the minimum QOS requirements that are riddled throughout the Ford CSR's and Manufacturing Site Assessment.

Marc

Leader
Current versions of Ford's Q1 and QOS requirements

What version/date are the current QOS and Q1 documents? I have versions from around 10 or more years ago. Just wondering if they have been updated. :notme:

Cathey

Registered
I have the following on file, verified about 3 months ago.

QOS Assessment 7/12/1996
Q1 Requirements 11/1/2013

Top Bottom