Gage Life and Calibration Management Software - Seeking Opinions / Reviews

K

KosmoQA

Hello.
I have recently been asked by my management to search out some type of software that would monitor the life and calibration schedule of gages (for example, let's say a thread gage). What we are looking for is a software that would alert us (preferrably one that will work with Microsoft Outlook) when it is time to have a certain gage calibrated, or when it is nearing the end of a pre-set life-span. Since I have gotten such informative help from these forums in the past, I decided I would ask and see.
So, does anyone know if such a program exists, and if so, where might we find it?

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
If you are hunting one that specifically will work with Microsoft, then you may well find that GAGETrak from cybermetrics is the only real option.....it runs MS Access in the background.

Hope this helps.

Hershal

K

KosmoQA

Thanks for the info guys. After posting the question, I did a little searching of my own and came across GAGEtrak. It's good to have someone else reccommend it since it was basically unknown to me.

J

jane_ackerman - 2010

I too, have used GAGEtrak in the past. Being that I worked with it for almost 7 yrs and knew how to customize it (using MS Access) to suit the company's needs, I was scared to death when I went to a new company and they wanted me to use PowerWay's Gage Manager.

Since switching, I would never go back to GAGEtrak.

It's not that GAGEtrak isn't a good program (it is)... but using both, I feel PowerWay's Gage Manager is much more user friendly and versatile.
You can customize fields without having MS Access knowledge and can create many more customized reports by entering desired information into a query field within the program.

Additionally, each time GAGEtrak has an upgrade, if you have customized it, you will have to re-customize what you previously did. Your changes do not save to new versions. In my case, I had a 48 page work instruction of customized changes (including screen dumps), so this was a MAJOR pain.

Neither program will automatically send a due list to your email, but in both programs, all you have to do is enter "to" and "from" dates to run a "gages due for calibration" report when ever you want to find out.

G

Grizz1345

I have been using Gagetrak for 5 years. I find it to be user friendly and very versitile. I have done extensive customizations and when updating have had no problem carrying them over. You can also set it so when you open the probram it will automatically give you a due list. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected]:agree1:

Top Bottom