Standard Audit Checklist for New Suppliers

shesh

Registered
Dear all,

I am facing a peculiar situation with my group companies.
We are a tier-1 automotive supplier group & we need to source molded, pressed & rubber parts. As of now we have a common new supplier audit questionnaire & we are now in the process of scaling up our outsourcing activities.
We are now thinking that this may not be sufficient in terms of mapping suppliers capabilites / improvement points & we need to have customised auditing for each type of commodity. I also prepared a questionnaire for injection molding.

My question is do you have such questionnaires ? If so have you reaped any benefits? ANd finally could anyone share with me questionnaires prepared focussing on pressed parts & rubber.

Thank you

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Just a Bump on this thread. Anyone have any comments or suggestions that can help this person?

AndyN

Moved On
Are you going to do a system wide audit of this supplier? If so, I'd recommend that that will not be as effective as looking - specifically - at the processes that relate to your products. In effect, you should 'test' their systems by having them take you through the process, from when they quote your jobs to shipping it out. That will, INHO, give you a better feel for their strengths and weaknesses.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Also, there have been several other threads talking about the best practices and checklists for supplier audits in the past few weeks, you might use the search function (in yellow in the navigation bar at the top of the page). I'm sure you'll find some timely tips there.

shesh

Registered
Andy
Thank you for your suggestion. I am thinking of a hybrid such as defining the must have items & make seperate audit items for the commodity specific intricacies.:agree:

Steelmaiden,
Thank you for your suggestion. I will definintely do it.:agree:

shesh

Registered
Valeri San,

Thank you very much. We have a similar checklist, but we have configured it for points / marks . Your checklist makes the NG items more visual.:agree:

S

sadananda_pvc

Dear Shesh,
This same attachment report I have received from VISTEON INDIA, Chennai. I am with Starion India. Please provide your Mail ID. I can help you in a better way with Excellent Checklist Format, that you are looking for.

Sadananda

Top Bottom