Internal Audit Checklist for the latest ISO/TS 16949 standard

DWPOZE

Registered Visitor
Does anyone have a internal audit checklist for the latest ISO/TS 16949 standard? Thanks for the help.:truce:

AndyN

Moved On
Does anyone have a internal audit checklist for the latest ISO/TS 16949 standard? Thanks for the help.:truce:

Internal audits shouldn't be done to a canned set of questions based off the ISO/TS 16949 requirement - beware! You are likely to get an NC for not following the "automotive process approach", because TS isn't laid out by process...

You should draw up your own checklist, based on your own planning, to understand your own processes, their objectives and measurements, so you can audit that.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Agreed, but many companies *also* do internal audits to the standard which is probably what the OP is looking for. Process Audits are a totally different thing.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
My goodness, do we ever! A quick search in the Post Attachments List (see the green button in the header) returned this list of process audit-related attachments. When you open that list you will see each of the attachments has a thread associated with it.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

xfngrs

Quite Involved in Discussions
Audit checklists are a risky business in TS. Why do you want one? If auditors are trained to Process Approach auditing, shouldn't need a standard one. Each auditor should be able to make up key points they want to cover during their audit planning.

Also, checklists are going to be different for each company, depending on how your COPs are set up. It would be difficult for one company to use that of another.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
After years and years of doing internal audits to the TS standard, we went ahead and developed the forbidden "checklist." It is based on our processes and has simplified and improved our auditing. So my advice is to walk thru your processes and determine those areas you really want to focus on. Develop your checklist from that. Good luck.

R

Reg Morrison

After years and years of doing internal audits to the TS standard, we went ahead and developed the forbidden "checklist." It is based on our processes and has simplified and improved our auditing. So my advice is to walk thru your processes and determine those areas you really want to focus on. Develop your checklist from that. Good luck.
Well done. :applause: Now, the challenge of keeping the checklists up to date and aligned with the processes starts.

It is very important to assess the need for checklists to be revised whenever a process gets improved/modified/corrected/changed.

AndyN

Moved On
After years and years of doing internal audits to the TS standard, we went ahead and developed the forbidden "checklist."

Checklists, per se, are not "forbidden". It's the use of "ISO-in-a-can" requirements, turned into questions type checklists which are not close to being any good. If you developed your own, from your own process info, good deal. Better still, have the internal auditors do their own. Otherwise, how to you change the focus of the audit if you keep the process checklist static?

R

Reg Morrison

Better still, have the internal auditors do their own. Otherwise, how to you change the focus of the audit if you keep the process checklist static?
Depending on the internal auditor qualifications, that might not work well. Sometimes, auditors will try to audit things they are "comfortable" with, instead of focusing on the critical steps and aspects of the processes. Always remembering that any checklist is just a tool and not an end in itself, I would prefer the process owner and the downstream internal customers to identify important aspects of the process in the internally developed process-based checklist.

Top Bottom