The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Manufacturing, Service, and Business Systems Processes > Service Industry Specific Topics
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

KPI for Quality Assurance Team in a Service Oriented Industry

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Standards Organization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags (Not all threads are Tagged)
key performance indicators (kpi), service company or industry

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 28th June 2017, 12:55 PM
Adaym

Total Posts: 37
Please Help! KPI for Quality Assurance Team in a Service Oriented Industry

We are Quality Assurance team in a Service-oriented industry, where our primary role is to detect defects in types of services delivered (tickets/calls) as per the client specification and/or internal guidelines.In addition, we do complaint/feedback analysis from any of the customer touchpoints and submit an overall summary of identified gaps along with actions.
I seek help to define KPIs for individual members in the team performing above roles. Here are few of them.
1. Target / Volume
2. Timeliness / Accuracy

Please suggest any other. Is putting Quality score target (which is for other departments) can be also put as one of the KPI targets for quality department. If so how it will be ensured the audits are not biased towards in favor of the department in achieving target, also how we can say it is justified when the onus of the actions based on the feedback lies within the operations and quality department acts as enabler/support system.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 6th July 2017, 08:25 AM
Jen Kirley

Total Posts: 6,001
Re: KPI for Quality Assurance Team in a Service Oriented Industry

I am sorry for the delay in this response.

What do you do that helps others in your organization succeed?

Are there projects or initiatives with deliverables, designed to help improve the organization?

The KPI should be something that the group it represent can immediately control. It is a measure of their effectiveness at accomplishing their tasks. That said, it is true there could be contributing factors to success (who is an island in their organization?) but it should represent something that group is directly responsible for. If that is a shared KPI with another group because this is part of a team, so be it.

Bias is more or less inherent, and as such difficult to control. If the organization has eliminated fear (Deming's 8th point) and has a constancy of purpose (his 5th point) then the organization could, I hope, examine itself honestly so KPIs can merely be indicators and not cause for unproductive management responses and avoid "management by numbers" (his 10th point). If a KPI is missed, the question ought not to be "What is wrong with you?" but rather "How can we improve this?

It is always possible the KPI's target is not realistic. I will never wear a size 8 dress, no matter what.

KPIs should therefore represent the extent that barriers to success have been removed. Volume might work if it represents removing inefficiencies that slow down production with non-value-added activities, therefore allowing more work to be done in that time frame. Timeliness can work the same way, representing the ability to accomplish without impediments.

I hope this helps!
Thank You to Jen Kirley for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 6th July 2017, 03:23 PM
normzone

Total Posts: 633

Thank you, [Jen]. Paraphrased quote from the above added to my Management Review meeting agenda.
Thanks to normzone for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #4  
Old 6th July 2017, 03:31 PM
Jen Kirley

Total Posts: 6,001

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by normzone View Post

Thank you, [Jen]. Paraphrased quote from the above added to my Management Review meeting agenda.
Wow, which one? Not being able to wear a size 8 dress?
  Post Number #5  
Old 6th July 2017, 04:46 PM
howste

Total Posts: 4,802

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Jen Kirley View Post

I will never wear a size 8 dress, no matter what.
This is a goal of mine also!
Thanks to howste for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #6  
Old 6th July 2017, 05:55 PM
normzone

Total Posts: 633

" NOTE: KPI should be something that the group it represents can control. It is a measure of effectiveness at accomplishing this task.

It is always possible that a KPI goal is not realistic. KPIs should represent the extent that barriers to success have been removed. "

As for the dress size, I've been unable to find a style that looks good on me, so the size is a secondary issue. Perhaps if I got one of those Nordstrom personal shoppers, and lowered my expectations considerably.
Thanks to normzone for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Manufacturing, Service, and Business Systems Processes > Service Industry Specific Topics