Data Types and Charts - Process has different work types and sub-work types

M

Mayank Trivedi

Hi All,

I am associated with a process that has different work types and sub-work types in it. I had to check if the process was in control or not. I started by cheking the normality of the data and the probability plot that came out was spread in different intervals which hinted at different work types(if there is any other thing that can be concluded please let me know).

Then I drew I-MR and S chart. I-MR was chosen because the data was collected only once and by one person(am i right here). I am ataching the results herein a ppt. format. Please let me know if the process is in control or not? The other question that i have is should i break the data in various sub-groups and then see if they are in control or not? Or is there anything else that I need to do.

Attachments

• Presentation CC1.ppt
    381 KB · Views: 268

BradM

Leader
Admin
Re: Data Types and Charts - Process that has different work types and sub-work types

Can anyone offer some help to Mayank?:bigwave:

M

Mayank Trivedi

Re: Data Types and Charts - Process that has different work types and sub-work types

Have I asked a question that doesnt deserve an answer....

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Have I asked a question that doesn't deserve an answer....

Mayank,

Your question deserves an answer but sometimes you need be patient.
Most of the folks here are very busy professionals and do not always have an immediate opportunity to study the post and come up with an answer.

I am sure you will get a response.

Stijloor.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator

I took a look at your charts. I would say that the data portray processes that are NOT in control. There are several patterns of 4 of 5 in a row one standad deviation below average, 7 points in a row the same side of the average, in addition to the points outside the control limits that appear to already be flagged.

This is a fairly small amount of data, but I'd try to identify all of the patterns, and try to break the baseline into smaller time intervals in order to capture the shifts and try to characterize when the trends are occurring.

You may find my article at http://www.hanford.gov/rl/uploadfiles/VPP_20_Life_Cycle.ppt useful for how to approach this data.

The probability plots are interesting, but note that process data may be "in control", yet not follow a normal distribution.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator

I believe I have also posted an earlier version of "Life Cycle of a Trend" here on the Cove. If you search here you should be able to find it.

Try the Hanford page again - it just worked okay for me here.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

I believe I have also posted an earlier version of "Life Cycle of a Trend" here on the Cove. If you search here you should be able to find it.

Me too--no problem downloading it.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin

Steve, even I could not download from the site. Is it possible to attach the ppt instead of website reference ?

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator

The Life Cycle of a Trend is here on the Cove at

http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=12427

I would not be surprised if the US Department of Energy is blocking the Hanford site to non-USA addresses. This document has been released by the US Government for unlimited distribution, so it is not be a problem being here on the Cove.

Top Bottom