Low Voltage Directive LVD 2006/95/EC - New to CE Marking

S

Satch

Hello folks - I am a one-man compliance department and looking for help in our CE certification. First, let me state we are a manufacturer of electric tankless water heaters. We have had all the necessary testing completed, both IEC and CISPR for safety and EMC. I have written up the DoC and have assembled a Technical File. We went through a well-known NRTL to do the testing and once completed, I was told that's all we needed and we can slap a CE logo on our products and start shipping. Something tells me there has to be a little more than just that. I contacted an agency in Europe and they were little help, just going over the documentation I had already written up. I have attached a copy of our DoC.

Can anyone help? (I know someone can) Do I have to register with a "CE Main Office"?

Many thanks in advance!

Bob H.

Attachments

• Declaration of Conformity 05252011.pdf
    321.7 KB · Views: 266

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: New to CE marking - LVD 2006/95/EC

Hi Bob.
I edited the title to be more specfic, but I'm afraid I don't have much else to offer. I read through the standard and it looks like you have captured everything in the D of C - except perhaps where it says you have to put the last two digits of the year of manufacture...
Now my experience with CE marking is PED (97/23/EC) and we generated a D of C with every order, so we would have captured that number every time. But our PED parts were often safety devices and we had to jump through a lot more hoops.

Do you have an "authorised representative" in the EU? I would think that firm could give guidance.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Hello folks - I am a one-man compliance department and looking for help in our CE certification. First, let me state we are a manufacturer of electric tankless water heaters. We have had all the necessary testing completed, both IEC and CISPR for safety and EMC. I have written up the DoC and have assembled a Technical File. We went through a well-known NRTL to do the testing and once completed, I was told that's all we needed and we can slap a CE logo on our products and start shipping. Something tells me there has to be a little more than just that. I contacted an agency in Europe and they were little help, just going over the documentation I had already written up. I have attached a copy of our DoC.

Can anyone help? (I know someone can) Do I have to register with a "CE Main Office"?

Many thanks in advance!

Bob H.

Hi,

Have you read the actual directives texts? These are typically quite prescriptive and tell you in general what you are required to do. Then you can look for more guidance on the "hows".

Cheers,
Ronen.

PS It is your obligation to identify all EC directives that apply to your product (including the ones that don't lead to a CE mark), and comply with all before placing this product on the EC market.

S

Satch

Thank you both - looks more like going to an authorized rep in the EU to help us along would be the way. Thanks again.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Thank you both - looks more like going to an authorized rep in the EU to help us along would be the way. Thanks again.

Could be, but please note that not all EU reps have the regulatory expertise / perspective that would ensure full compliance. Some do, but others merely provide the minimal "EU rep" service prescribed in the directive(s). It is always the manufacturer's responsibility to identify all applicable regulatory requirements and ensure compliance. EU reps are basically there to provide something that an external manufacturer can't - a physical EU address.

Cheers,
Ronen.

Top Bottom