The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > National and International Business System Standards > IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

'Core' Automotive Quality Tools - Seeking a PPT or PDF presentation

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Standards Organization - ISO Standards and Information

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags (Not all threads are Tagged)
automotive industry, core tools, quality tools

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 12th January 2006, 07:15 PM
Quality-1

Total Posts: 87
Please Help! 'Core' Automotive Quality Tools - Seeking a PPT or PDF presentation

Hi:

I need help.

Can someone provide or direct me where to find a Powerpoint/PDF presentation for 7 Core Quality Tools (such PPAP, SPC, APQP, Control Plan, FMEA etc).

Any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 12th January 2006, 07:46 PM
Jen Kirley

Total Posts: 5,992
I was not aware that these are the core tools. Instead, the core quality management tools as I am familiar with are histograms, cause-and-effect, Pareto charts, etc.

Dr. Ishikawa claimed, I have read, that using those core tools effectively could eliminate 80% of business problems.

Here's a Powerpoint slide show for those tools: www.kwaliteg.co.za/quality/QualityTools.ppt

I did a quick Google search to find the above link. Perhaps another set of Google searches can be done to find ppt presentations of PPAP, SPC, APQP and FMEA? Each of these tools that you listed is complex enough to fill its own presentation.
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: ppt QualityTools.ppt (121.0 KB, 461 views)
Thank You to Jen Kirley for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 12th January 2006, 08:04 PM
Greg B

Total Posts: 831
Hi,

I know that Marc has the seven quality tools somewhere within the archives of this great site and that someone will be able to direct you to the presentation but I think the tools are more the basic quality tools such as Histogram, Pareto etc. You may need to direct your request thru the automotive or aircraft threads to find the ses other more advanced tools.
  Post Number #4  
Old 12th January 2006, 09:08 PM
harry

Total Posts: 6,286
Hello Quality-1

I think you are refering to the "automotive core tools". Our TS friends should be able to assist you.
  Post Number #5  
Old 12th January 2006, 10:12 PM
Marc

Total Posts: 25,731
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Quality-1

PPAP, SPC, APQP, Control Plan, FMEA etc).
Have you looked through the Post Attachments listing here in the forums? Also check out the Free Files Directory.

Also see:
APQP and FMEA
  Post Number #6  
Old 13th January 2006, 12:21 PM
Quality-1

Total Posts: 87
Thank you

Thank you for your guidance. I did reserached the posts and files but I was unable to get One presentation that talks about Automotive Core Tools. I saw some for PPAP and FMEA.

best regards,
  Post Number #7  
Old 13th January 2006, 12:42 PM
Marc

Total Posts: 25,731
What are you folks defining as 'Automotive Core Tools'?
  Post Number #8  
Old 13th January 2006, 12:59 PM
roland_lu

Total Posts: 95
I guess they referred to TS16949 customer specific requirements and reference manuals?

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > National and International Business System Standards > IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard