What are P5, P95 statistics? Customer issue respondent data

J

jackylpt

Hi,there,

I am recording my company's customer issue respondent data. I got the several data about it( 50 data, unit is by day) and got a distribution curve(distriptive statistics) from mintab 12.

The point is my boss want to get information about p5--p95. I really do not what is it.
1.Does anybody know what is it?
2.it is also a distribution curve or just get the p5 and p95 data, but how to get span?
3. and it is also can be get from mintab or other tools?
4. how to do that if use mintab?

your help and advice will be appreciative.:thanx:

Michael

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
jackylpt said:
Hi,there,

I am recording my company's customer issue respondent data. I got the several data about it( 50 data, unit is by day) and got a distribution curve(distriptive statistics) from mintab 12.

The point is my boss want to get information about p5--p95. I really do not what is it.
1.Does anybody know what is it?
2.it is also a distribution curve or just get the p5 and p95 data, but how to get span?
3. and it is also can be get from mintab or other tools?
4. how to do that if use mintab?

your help and advice will be appreciative.:thanx:

Michael

It's a little hard to tell what you're asking. What is "respondent data"? (I assume you meant "response"?) What are "customer issue"? What are you trying to find out about the data? Try to explain in detail what you're trying to do, and someone will be able to help.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
I suspect p5 and p95 are the fifth percentile and the 95th percentile. You can calculate those in Excel, and I assume just about any statistical software would do that. The "span" is probably the difference between the fifth and the 95th percentiles.

J

jackylpt

Hi, the below data are our customer service department respond customer requirement.
1,2,3,1,2,0,9,0,10,2,3,4,3,2,1,2,2,0,3,2( 0 means customer service give call back at the same day).
these data is no-normal, so how can I calculate p5--p95, by excel or by Mintab? does anybody can tell me how to do that in detail step? I will appreciate your help.

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
jackylpt said:
Hi, the below data are our customer service department respond customer requirement.
1,2,3,1,2,0,9,0,10,2,3,4,3,2,1,2,2,0,3,2( 0 means customer service give call back at the same day).
these data is no-normal, so how can I calculate p5--p95, by excel or by Mintab? does anybody can tell me how to do that in detail step? I will appreciate your help.
In Excel you can use the Percenitle function. The p5 and p95 for the above data is 0 and 9.05 respectively. Percentile calculates are distribution free and do not require normality assumptions.

J

jackylpt

Steve& Steven,

I appreciate your help. And do u know how to use Mintab do it?

Michael

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
jackylpt said:
Steve& Steven,

I appreciate your help. And do u know how to use Mintab do it?

Michael
I am not familar with Minitab enough to know how to do it. It does not look like it can be done in a straightforward fashion,

Top Bottom