The Auditor - A new Publication

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
A new publication, The Auditor, will be available soon. A sample of the first issue can be downloaded here. Please note that I am not endorsing it. Just informing. From their website:

The Auditor is a bimonthly newsletter created to provide full-time or part-time internal or external auditors with all the information, industry requirements, and updates they need to conduct effective audits. Each issue of The Auditor will tell you how to get the most value and results from the audits you conduct, and save you time and effort by keeping you up to date on the information you need.
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]In each issue of The Auditor you’ll find:

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Information essential to auditors, such as exam dates and other important events[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Changes in requirements and expectations for internal, external, and supplier auditors[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• In-depth “how to” articles that will help you master all facets of auditing[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Entertaining auditor profiles and favorite auditing stories you’ll relate to[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• The latest items on the market for auditors: books, events, job listings, and more[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Auditor will cover a variety of issues relevant to auditors, including:[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Quality audits, including (but not limited to) ISO 9001 and its sector-specific derivatives such as ISO/TS 16949, TL 9000, AS9100, and ISO 13485[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Government and military audits, such as FDA regulations, military requirements (including support contractor audits), EPA requirements, Department of Energy requirements, and OSHA requirements[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Environmental audits, such as ISO 14001 and RC14000[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Supplier audits, including routine supplier inspection audits, compliance audits, and problem-solving audits[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Business process audits, including business process management, customer-relationship management, and Sarbanes-Oxley[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Up-to-date information about other standards that will keep auditors informed and help them do their jobs better.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Expert guidance[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Scott Paton, the editor and publisher of The Auditor is the former editor and publisher of Quality Digest magazine. Plus our editorial review board consists of the leading authorities on quality auditing and international quality and environmental standards, and Sarbanes-Oxley:[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Dennis Arter[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Michael Carmody[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Charles Cianfrani[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• H. James Harrington,[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Robert King Jr.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Roderick Munro[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Paul Palmes[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Denise Robitaille[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• J. P. Russell[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• William A. Stimson[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]• Jack West[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Antonio Vieira

Involved - Posts
Trusted Information Resource
I've seen it trough Inside Quality.
Sidney, do you thing the price is worthy.
Do you thing this is material good enough for a Registrar to have for their auditors information?

Thanks
António:bigwave:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Sidney, do you thing the price is worthy.
Do you thing this is material good enough for a Registrar to have for their auditors information?
Antônio, these are subjective questions. Some of the so-called experts in the list are questionable, IMHO. And I don't think anyone could supplant the collective knowledge we have, right here, at the Cove. So, in my estimation, instead of buying a subscription there, people should consider contributing here and join and enjoy the best discussions available for auditors and alike;)

C

Craig H.

I received a card from them at home, touting a "free" issue. I thought, OK, I'll return the card, look at the "free" issue, and then decide if the magazine is worth about $10 an issue, plus the time to read.

Then, the fine print. You return the card, and get 7 issues for the price of 6. No "free" issue to peruse and decide, and no mention, that I saw, of an option to cancel after the first "free"(?) issue.

So, in other words, they decided for me. Oh well, back to the Cove.

M

mjones2

I have started subscribing to the auditor - and was dissappointed. It seems to be another avenue for RABQSA to advertise. In fact Micheal Carmody is on the editor review board. If you are a RAB auditor you will already get alot of info in RAB's newsletters and press releases. Disappointed that I spent money on it.
Articles from teh 1st newsletter: RABQSA enters European Market, RABQSA Offers cerification for ASQ Certifiied HACCP Auditors, and an Interview with Michael Carmody.

Not much if anything from IRCA.

So we will see what next month brings.

Randy

Super Moderator
I think it will be more boring and lacking in real world usefulness.

Folks will probably be served better here for free.

N

nitejava

If I could arrange my unforeseen questions to be answered in the next issue, that would be one issue too late. I've just recently registered at the cove, although I've been getting on the fly answers for nearly a year now. Too many to list, Thank you all!
What unique value would this mag have?
I am thinking it would be good for Auditors or would be Auditors, on the outskirts of the Middle of Nowhere, like Dave, who has no access to the internet. :)
Okay, this was unfounded, and I'm prepared to stand corrected.

Randy

Super Moderator
You've done right to come here. Aside from the one or two ruffians we have :)notme: ) this is probably the best "FREE" source of information you'll ever find.

Top Bottom