The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Elsmar Cove Forum Community Forums > Community Discussion Topics > Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

College FOOTBALL 2008 is back!

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Standards Organization - ISO Standards and Information

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags (Not all threads are Tagged)
college football, football

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 1st June 2008, 01:31 AM
Hershal

Total Posts: 2,486
BIG Smile College FOOTBALL 2008 is back!

I am starting this somewhat early, because the recruiting class and games were televised about a month ago in late March/early April 2008.....

This time, we get to posture a bit.....let's do the brag and swagger routine in advance.....

Let's describe why our respective team(s) will do well or not so well in the upcoming fall season.....

If any are fuzzy as to conferences, and some have switched after all.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/conferences

Now, to stir the pot just a little.....I was born in FL, grew up in AL.....live in So Cal.....I was born a Gator, adopted the Tide.....and respect the Ducks and Beavers, and most especially if they beat USC or UCLA, but especially USC.....

Let's have some FUN!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 1st June 2008, 12:48 PM
Craig H.

Total Posts: 2,048
Re: College FOOTBALL 2008 is back!!!!!!

Well, it is early, and there has not been much news coverage yet, but...

The Georgia Bulldogs are going to be the team to beat.

One thing I did see the other day is that the 'Dogs are looking a lot farther afield for future non-conference games. Notre Dame, for one, has been talked to, but it seems they could not work anything out.

Personally, along with the Ducks and Beavers, I would like to see Georgia beat USC (and not the one in the state just north of here) as well.
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 1st June 2008, 05:02 PM
Hershal

I agree, the Dawgs are the ones to beat in SEC East, but the Gators may be spoilers there.....
  Post Number #4  
Old 5th June 2008, 01:30 PM
palmer

Total Posts: 208
Cool Re: College FOOTBALL 2008 is back!!!!!!

Sorry to rain on your parade but the Mizzou Tigers are going to take it all this year. They showed their meddle last year and if they hadn't riled the Sooners with bulletin board talk would have been in the championship.

This year they will take it all and Chase Daniels will become a household name and hero of the small quarterbacks in America....
  Post Number #5  
Old 5th June 2008, 01:36 PM
Coury Ferguson

Total Posts: 4,429

No discussion here. The Rose Bowl will be won by USCalifornia (not University of South Carolina)

But, maybe UCLA might do better with their new Coach, but won't win the Rose Bowl

Last edited by Coury Ferguson; 6th June 2008 at 08:44 AM.
  Post Number #6  
Old 9th June 2008, 09:07 PM
Hershal

Over the weekend I got "The History of SEC Football" from Netflix.....absolutely fantastic.....anyone that enjoys good football and rivalries should see this DVD.....

I enjoyed that Alabama and one other SEC team won in the Rose Bowl.....and Alabama beat USC (So Cal) in the Rose Bowl the year they played.....
  Post Number #7  
Old 12th June 2008, 02:32 PM
Keith Childers

Total Posts: 67

Michigan Wolverines fan here!
Also somewhat a SEC fan, but only because I have had the pleasure of watching SEC teams EMBARRASS Ohio State!
  Post Number #8  
Old 12th June 2008, 11:47 PM
Hershal

Wolverines.....one of the few Big-10 teams that would be welcomed as a SEC team.....not to say Big-10 is not good.....Big-10 is great football.....but there is good (ACC, Big East, Conf USA), Great (Big 10 and Big 12), and then there is SEC.....

For example.....if you want to rob a bank in AL.....do it during the Iron Bowl.....you will have 2-3 hours before anyone even knows.....personally, I think the Iron Bowl lost a bit when they went to the current system and away from the neutral site.....

OK, I am a bit biased.....

Anyone in Vegas for the Iron Bowl besides me?

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Elsmar Cove Forum Community Forums > Community Discussion Topics > Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions