Remote Location Internal Audit Requirements - TS 16949

I

Iznul - 2010

Greetings! :bigwave:

I have a question pertaining remote location in TS2.

We are going for TS2 certification (we are the manufacturer) and I will be coordinating the implementation for both sites. However there are a few things that I need a clarification on the remote location.

I had created Business Process Model for my company which differentiate the Customer oriented process, Core process, Management process and support process. (See attachment) "MY" denote Manufacturing site.

From the process model, noted that our remote site carries almost the entire TS2 requirement as well. (FYI they are 9001 certified)

My question is;

1) Is it compulsory for the remote site to follow TS2 requirement e.g. for the Internal audit, is it the internal auditor at the remote site need to be competent to conduct the audit against TS2 requirement?

1.1) How about management review? They still to follow as per TS2 agenda? and how to correlate between both sites? Any suggestions?

2) How to make the process easier for both sites?

FYI, currently our remote site thinks that they are only responsible to clause 7.3. D&D.

Can anybody please explain to me since I think i'm confuse already. :confused:

Attachments

• Business Process Chart.xls
    36 KB · Views: 763
V

vanputten

In my opinion, even thought they are remote, they are a part of the managmeent system ansd therefore more things apply than just 7.3 (their core process). They should be represented in Mangement Review. Some requirements that apply are doc control, control of records, competency, training and awareness, measuring & montioring of the process, internal laboratory, internal audit, continual improvement, etc.

Dirk

I

Iznul - 2010

hi Dirk,

Yes i totally agree with you...so do you think its best to intergrate the QMS manual for both site? Particularly for Automotive project? I think by doing so, then we should have more transparent process.

Currently my problem is that we at manufacturing site cannot communicate directly to the customer. e.g. customer raised PO to remote site, then remote will pass the PO to manufacturing site. Same goes to customer complaint process.

btw, any ideas how to correlate the MR meeting between both site? anyone have done that before? Please share.

Thanks

I

isolytica1

I have seen and used 1. conference calling with telephone, 2. conference calling with video and audio exchange, 3. 1 and 2 + one person exchange at each of the two sites ( for explanations, etc., when confusion abounds). good luck it works in my view.

M

manojdparab

hi Dirk,

Yes i totally agree with you...so do you think its best to intergrate the QMS manual for both site? Particularly for Automotive project? I think by doing so, then we should have more transparent process.

Currently my problem is that we at manufacturing site cannot communicate directly to the customer. e.g. customer raised PO to remote site, then remote will pass the PO to manufacturing site. Same goes to customer complaint process.

btw, any ideas how to correlate the MR meeting between both site? anyone have done that before? Please share.

Thanks
What are the processes that are carried out at your remote locations? Does your remote locations only has Purchase/ Design & Marketing activities.....

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
What are the processes that are carried out at your remote locations? Does your remote locations only has Purchase/ Design & Marketing activities.....

They are usually those you have cited but not limited to . Another could be HR/Training for example or Finance, Information Technology etc....
Generally they are all that are under the umbrella of corporate function that support a manufacturing site, even though some branches or reference points are also present in mfg site.
Hope this helps:bigwave:

V

vanputten

Iznul:

You appear to be taking a reductionist approach and breaking the system into separate pieces (remote, manufacturing, etc.) Look at the system. All departments, no matter where they are located physically, are part of the interrelated processes that make the system.

Integrate the manual at both sites? Doesn't the manual reflect the system and therefore it is part of the system wherever the system exists?

Do all departments have direct contact to the customer? Of course not. So why is it a problem if manufacturing does not? Some how the customer requirements get shared where needed. Direct or indirect communication of customer requirements is necessary for survival. If it is indirect, then there is still a method of determining requirements and ensuring awareness of the requirements.

Design the Management Review to cover the system. Have representation of the system present at the review and part of the review.

Phil Huber

Inactive Registered Visitor
Quick question along these lines, what about a remote warehouse? Only used to store raw materials, follows our FIFO tagging system and we use their contract employees for material handling. Releases and deliveries are scheduled by our customer service department and the transaction is transparent.

We will need to have our registrar visit and put into their scope of the certificate and future audits.
Thanks!!
Phil Huber

D

db

In the TS scheme, the warehouse will be audited as part of the manufacturing audit. Read 1.1 of TS, specifically the paragraph that starts with "Supporting functions...." You will need to make sure they are in your internal audit program as well.

Top Bottom