AIAG working on PPAP 4th Edition? Revision status of AIAG documents

S

SilverHawk

Is it true that AIAG is working on PPAP 4th Edition?

Will it be out soon?

soulmas

Involved In Discussions
Hi!!

This is the current Core tools status that I know....

Status of Core tools manuals:
Manual Current Edition Future Status
Advanced Product Quality & Control Plan (APQP)
1st edition, 2nd printing, February 1995
2nd edition expected by the end of 2006

Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
3rd edition, July 2001
4th edition expected by the end of 2006

Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
3rd edition, 2nd printing, May 2003
4th edition expected by the end of 2006

Product Part Approval Process (PPAP)
3rd edition, 2nd printing, August 2000
4th edition expected 2Q of 2004

Statistical Process Control (SPC)
1st edition, 2nd printing
2nd edition expected1Q of 2004

regards,
soulma

S

SilverHawk

Thansk, Bill Ryan and Soulmas.

Has SPC 2nd. Edition been released?

soulmas

Involved In Discussions
Hi! SilverHawk

Latest manual of Statistical Process Control (SPC) is: 1st edition, 2nd printing.
2nd edition is expected Q1 of 2004. It will be released soon so, you must be aware of it...

QChas

Involved - Posts
Just got off the phone with AIAG :nopity:
SPC 2nd edition should be out by the end of the month. PPAP 4th edition in July. I said I would wait to order until then and they wanted to sell me the old revs anyway :mg: For now I will just use what I got

A

ady_mech

I am just wondering - if I want to self-study these subjects (for my own interest and for better success while applying for auto mfg jobs), if any of the core manuals are available on this website or if anyone would be willing to share them, hard or soft copy.

I know I can get them from AIAG but would probably set me back by a good amount. I can't afford that, since I would be paying out of my own pocket. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I am just wondering - if I want to self-study these subjects (for my own interest and for better success while applying for auto mfg jobs), if any of the core manuals are available on this website or if anyone would be willing to share them, hard or soft copy.

I know I can get them from AIAG but would probably set me back by a good amount. I can't afford that, since I would be paying out of my own pocket. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hello ady_mech,

Sorry, the Core Tool manuals are the copyrighted property of AIAG. The Cove has very strict rules about requesting copyrighted materials. Here is an idea: Do you know someone who is associated with- or works at an automotive-supplier company? You may ask if you can borrow the manuals. Also, contact the local ASQ Chapter, go to the meeting, and ask if someone is willing to help you out. There's always a way.....

Search the threads and posts...lots of good stuff about Core Tools.

Stijloor.

V

Valeri

Just got off the phone with AIAG :nopity:
SPC 2nd edition should be out by the end of the month. PPAP 4th edition in July. I said I would wait to order until then and they wanted to sell me the old revs anyway :mg: For now I will just use what I got

AND FMEA 4 to be released 1st quarter 2008.

Top Bottom