Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Supplier Monitoring - Meeting the requirements of TS 16949 Clause 7.4.3.2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
supplier control and monitoring, ts 16949 - automotive quality system standard

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 28th February 2005, 08:48 AM
Andrews

Total Posts: 313
Question Supplier Monitoring - Meeting the requirements of TS 16949 Clause 7.4.3.2

We are monitoring overall rating (70% of quality rating and 30% of delivery rating) and delivery rating every month. We are sending this to suppliers for corrective action when performance is poor.

For the other factors like customer line disruptions, premium freights , customer notifications we are planning to record this if any against that particular supplier.Does this meet the requirements of 7.4.3.2.

This clause also requires organisation to promote supplier monitoring of manufacturing process.How do you interpret this.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 28th February 2005, 09:33 AM
D.Scott

Total Posts: 1,592
Sounds to me like you have a system to monitor supplier performance. I assume the system is deeper than what you say on the surface. Do you consider response time, corrective actions, cooperation, customer service, flexibility, innovation and other items or just pass/fail quality and on-time/late deliveries? The requirement is that you monitor your suppliers performance and use the indicators listed. If you do that, you meet the requirements. IMO there is a lot more to customer/supplier relationships than simply maintaining a scorecard. TS gives you a minimum requirement but there is a whole world past that.

It is easier to control the quality of your supplier's product while the supplier is making it than inspecting, testing and controlling it after it arrives at your company. The idea of promoting supplier monitoring is to know the quality before it is shipped to you. Helping your supplier to develop areas of inspection, testing, etc. that will ensure your quality requirement is met before it leaves your supplier's shop not only increases the likelihood of good quality, it eases the burden of inspection and testing at your dock.

Dave
  Post Number #3  
Old 28th February 2005, 09:48 AM
Andrews

Total Posts: 313
Thanks D.Scott.

Can you give us examples of how to go about this.

Regards,
Andrews
  Post Number #4  
Old 6th June 2005, 08:34 AM
lday38

Total Posts: 161
definition and tracking of customer disruptions

I am looking more at the clause of the TS16949:2002 stabndard regarding cusomter disruptions and field failures. My thinking is any part that fails at a customers or our custmers' customer is a field failure? If this is so isnt the field failure at the level 1 customer more important. I want to relate the impottance in my tracking system. Also , customer disruption is when a field failure occures and production is stopped because of the field failure. Or is it when all the work has to go another operation such as sorting 100% because of the field failure to prevent disruption. Can someone clearly state this for me? And share their thoughts on tracking such.
  Post Number #5  
Old 12th July 2017, 08:19 AM
Sherry Gill

Total Posts: 8
Re: Supplier Monitoring - Meeting the requirements of TS 16949 Clause 7.4.3.2

My understanding of customer disruption, based on our CB auditors' interpretation, is an interruption of my customer's operation or my customer's inability to meet his/her own delivery schedule due to my external provider's quality or on-time delivery failure.

I was asked if this also applies to our failures as they affect our customer's operation due to our own internal quality or on-time delivery issues. While this would seem to be logical, what is the answer?

As I prepare to retire, I want to leave this organization with a clear understanding of CDs.
  Post Number #6  
Old 13th July 2017, 12:22 AM
AMIT BALLAL

Total Posts: 195
Look! Re: Supplier Monitoring - Meeting the requirements of TS 16949 Clause 7.4.3.2

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Sherry Gill View Post

My understanding of customer disruption, based on our CB auditors' interpretation, is an interruption of my customer's operation or my customer's inability to meet his/her own delivery schedule due to my external provider's quality or on-time delivery failure.

I was asked if this also applies to our failures as they affect our customer's operation due to our own internal quality or on-time delivery issues. While this would seem to be logical, what is the answer?

As I prepare to retire, I want to leave this organization with a clear understanding of CDs.
Yes, customer disruption applies to your organization. If customer disruption is due to your organization's failure, it won't come under supplier monitoring.
But will come under customer satisfaction monitoring.

Thanks,
Amit
Thanks to AMIT BALLAL for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #7  
Old 13th July 2017, 06:10 AM
Sherry Gill

Total Posts: 8
Re: Supplier Monitoring - Meeting the requirements of TS 16949 Clause 7.4.3.2

Amit:
Thank you. Logic was correct and I will update some documentation to reflect that.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >