The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Supplier Rating Excel .xls Spreadsheet form - Page 5

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
microsoft excel .xls .xlsx spreadsheet, supplier selection qualification and approval, forms and templates (general), supplier evaluation/rating/approval

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #33  
Old 21st September 2010, 07:50 AM
Steve McQuality

Total Posts: 108
Re: Supplier Rating Excel .xls Spreadsheet form

For our purposes, the Supplier Qualification is more "subjective" than "quantitative". If you look at the attached Spreadsheet, the right-hand column on the second Worksheet give the option for "Complete" or "In-Process" which is merely a progress tracker (which in turn updates the first worksheet "Summary"). Our Survey provides evidence of the Supplier's Quality System and if necessary, we'll ask for specific objective evidence of those procedures - a "desk audit" if you will.

Based on the "Risk Analysis" (Question 2), which is supplier AND part dependent, we decide if an on-site visit is necessary. The degree of documentation for the rest of the "Details" tab is based on this analysis write-up. For the Quality Plans, etc., the objective evidence is the release of documents within our Quality System. We also document things like 1st Article Inspections as separate tabs in the Spreadsheet. It's really quite affective but a 'simple' approach to our supplier qualification - and Customer Audits as well as Registrar Audits have liked this approach. We've had a couple auditors make comments like, "Wow, you're doing a risk based supplier qualifiation - we don't see this very often".

If you have any specific questions, feel free to drop me an E-Mail and I can try to give you more details outside the Forum General.

~Steve
Thank You to Steve McQuality for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #34  
Old 25th November 2010, 11:58 AM
sensor man

Total Posts: n/a

Thanks for the additional rating sheets.
  Post Number #35  
Old 8th August 2011, 05:01 AM
arpankar

Hi everyone..
A small introduction about myself, I am a researcher in e-business & decision science, currently working on vendor evaluation systems. I have multiple publications in international journals and international conferences.

I am developing an excel based group decision support system for supplier evaluation using multiple criteria. The model is already developed. However I need some data to test out my model. The model is excel based and can be used in any firm using MS Excel.

I am looking for firms to collaborate my research with, who can provide me some data regarding their suppliers, and I can do the analysis for them, and also give them a copy of my excel model.

Hoping to get some response here.

~Dr. Arpan Kar
  Post Number #36  
Old 10th August 2011, 02:08 AM
Marc

Total Posts: 26,666

Specifically what supplier data are you wanting? You might also want to consider sharing the model here, unless, of course, you plan to sell it.
Thanks to Marc for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #37  
Old 10th August 2011, 02:18 AM
arpankar

Basically, firms have multiple criteria for evaluating suppliers, be in at the pre-qualification stage, or vendor re-evaluation stage. I need data on about 50-100 suppliers (at least) on such criteria for a firm. Basically, if I can get the data (whether primary or secondary), I can start working on empirically validating my model while collaborating with the firm. Each firm will have its own set of criteria to evaluate suppliers, I can use the data based on which they evaluate suppliers, and also, would need to administer a questionnaire to the decision makers of the firm, so as to get their preferences on the various criteria. My model is a group decision support system. This is an academic work, and I can definitely share the model, once the data is analyzed, and the paper is published.
  Post Number #38  
Old 21st February 2012, 11:15 AM
Str8key - 2012

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Sam View Post

This may need to be up-dated to suit your needs.

NOTE: This form contains Macros!
I like this form; simple and has the essential elements of a monitoring system. I am unable to modify this spreadsheet as Excel 2010 is stating the sheet is "Protected". Is there an unprotected version? Regards
  Post Number #39  
Old 21st February 2012, 12:06 PM
Sam

Str8Key,
The un-protected version is on page 4 of this thread; 7 April 2008 1:23 pm.
Thanks to for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #40  
Old 21st February 2012, 12:20 PM
Sam

Str8Key,
The password is 4wdtrk. If that doesn't work see my other reply dated today.
And if that doesn't work send me an e-mail and Ill send a copy.

Sam (click on the Contact tab to email me).

Last edited by Marc; 21st February 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Email address removed.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >