Elsmar Cove Quality DiscussionsShould the facility landlord be an approved supplier?The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
Should the facility landlord be an approved supplier?
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
approved suppliers

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 14th November 2017, 02:28 PM
Jane's

Total Posts: 47
Question Should the facility landlord be an approved supplier?

This feels like such an obvious 'yes', but neither did my previous employer nor does the current one have the landlord listed on the ASL. What are you thoughts - should the landlord be an approved supplier? TIA.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 14th November 2017, 03:48 PM
locutus

Total Posts: 43
Re: Should the facility landlord be an approved supplier?

I have included the landlord/leasing company on the ASL before. The reason being that this can be considered an external interested party with some risk. The landlord could not comply with regulations, pay taxes, etc. that could put a tenancy at risk.
Thank You to locutus for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #3  
Old 14th November 2017, 05:00 PM
Golfman25

Total Posts: 1,220

I wouldn't include as an approved supplier. What's the point? There is risk, but more so at a high level -- lessor/lessee issues. Maybe they are an interested party, but supplier, I wouldn't expand to that level.
  Post Number #4  
Old 14th November 2017, 05:39 PM
Jane's

Thank you both. I guess the issue is not as black and white as I thought.
  Post Number #5  
Old 14th November 2017, 06:19 PM
Eredhel

Total Posts: 272

It's one of those things we wouldn't do even if we didn't own the buildings. You could go as far as putting the convenience stores where your shippers get their gas on your AVL. There is risk yes, but holy cow I'd never go that far. So really you decide as an organization where you want to draw the line.

Just curious, which QMS standard are you aiming for?
  Post Number #6  
Old 14th November 2017, 09:04 PM
Jane's

ISO 13485. On steroids, clearly:)

I would say that there is risk but it would be accounted for and mitigated well before you've even started your operations.
  Post Number #7  
Old 14th November 2017, 09:36 PM
dsanabria

Total Posts: 1,275

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Jane's View Post

This feels like such an obvious 'yes', but neither did my previous employer nor does the current one have the landlord listed on the ASL. What are you thoughts - should the landlord be an approved supplier? TIA.
Quote from ISO 9001:2015

A.3 Understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties

Subclause 4.2 specifies requirements for the organization to determine the interested parties that are relevant to the quality management system and the requirements of those interested parties. However, 4.2 does not imply extension of quality management system requirements beyond the scope of this International Standard. As stated in the scope, this International Standard is applicable where an organization needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and aims to enhance customer satisfaction.

There is no requirement in this International Standard for the organization to consider interested parties where it has decided that those parties are not relevant to its quality management system. It is for the organization to decide if a particular requirement of a relevant interested party is relevant to its quality management system.

In addition... furthermore, if you can not flow the requirements of Clause 8.4.3 - The organization shall communicate to external providers its requirements for:

a) the processes, products and services to be provided;

Then it does not belong on the AVL - nor any other entity that does not fit into those criteria.

Simple rule - if you do not power to dismiss, change or write an NCR - it does not belong in the AVL
Thank You to dsanabria for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #8  
Old 14th November 2017, 09:41 PM
Jane's

Quote:
Simple rule - if you do not power to dismiss, change or write an NCR - it does not belong in the AVL
I think this settles it. Thank you.

While we are here though, would you agree that website designer/ webhost does belong on the ASL, for the same reason the landlord doesn't, i.e. they would qualify for a corrective action assuming something goes wrong with your web labeling.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >