The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
VW Supplier Product Safety Representative (PSB) Responsibilities and Requirements
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
VW Supplier Product Safety Representative (PSB) Responsibilities and Requirements
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
safety requirements and regulations, vda standards, volkswagen

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 23rd August 2017, 12:08 PM
A. Cecilia Arriaga

Total Posts: 2
Question VW Supplier Product Safety Representative (PSB) Responsibilities and Requirements

Hello all,

I have some quick questions. At the VW portal my company already have posted a Responsible related PSB; my confusion started when the Quality System coordinator asked me the PSB letter sing by the PSB representative. I found the letter. Let's begin with my "quick" questions:

1.- It is necessary sign the PSB letter plus have the responsible posted at the VW portal?

2.-If Yes: Why the PSB letter is already signed? I understand that the first page have to be signed by VW leader. I think that the letter it is an example and the three spaces to sign at the last page have to be with leaders of my company. And I am thinking that because the QMS coordinator is asking and pushing to get the letter...

P.S. I found the letter at the VW portal. (Attached)

2.- Usually, What kind of position get this responsibility?
Of course right now I have a representative posted at the portal, but this person is the manager of projects. He does not want to sign the letter... If the response of the first question it is "yes" well I need both requisites and it is evident that the name of PSB responsible at portal have to be the same in the letter.

Hope I can find a lot of new information in this forum.

Thanks a lot.
Warm regards
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before opening, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: pdf Product_Safety_Representative_PSB.pdf (259.2 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by A. Cecilia Arriaga; 23rd August 2017 at 12:13 PM.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 23rd August 2017, 01:58 PM
howste

Total Posts: 5,008
re: VW Supplier Product Safety Representative (PSB) Responsibilities and Requirements

What you posted looks like a VW requirements document, not a letter of appointment. The document specifies the requirements that the PSB for your organization needs to meet in terms of knowledge, responsibilities, and competency.
Thanks to howste for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 20th September 2017, 11:23 AM
A. Cecilia Arriaga

Total Posts: 2
Re: VW Supplier Product Safety Representative (PSB) Responsibilities and Requirements

Yes. Since the beginning, I understood the context of the document as a list of requirements for PSB responsible. It was just the powerful and constant pressure from managers to know how formalize the responsibility led me to ask. Now, after a lot of mails and conversations, I have a Quality manager responsible for PSB. Without any extra requirement or anything as they had asked. Thanks for your answer! have a great Wednesday!
  Post Number #4  
Old 25th September 2017, 06:56 PM
MEXPZN

Total Posts: 3
Re: VW Supplier Product Safety Representative (PSB) Responsibilities and Requirements

Hello,
Check on you companys scope, First reference will be on Formel Q (VWs), Maturity Level Assurance (VDA) (main focus in on new parts)., + VDA 6.3, and your supply chain level (Tier "n").

VDA manuals are not available directly from VW on their supplier site www_vwgroupsupply_com=ONE.Konzern Business Plattform), but other guide lines are; and if you are a Tier 1 is a fact that someone at your campany Must have access to this because you have business assigned by VWs purchasing, but if not, you can request your company registration on the same web site.

Before any Tier 1 has business assigned a VDA 6.3 Audit, is necessary (and other audits and assessments). This is pretty much like APQP development, and QFD. If your company is design responsible, a lot of processes and responsibilities are already defined within your company QMS for sure. Regularly Engineering, Quality and Project dept. should interact to define those important (CC), (CS) and other kind of characteristics as well as quality agreements, testing plans, and so on,and soforth. During maturity stages all risk of not being compliant with a safety o special characteristic, (or a development stage); need to be identified, and actions taken to mitigate or eliminate that risk. Some special training on PSB and Civil responsibilities are offered by VW or Mercedes Benz training centers. Typically FMEA and other related tools are also necessary to demonstrate competence on this topic. Top management has an important role too about this, so appropriate resources and authority also Must be defined on your QSM.

ISO 31000 can be also a reference, also check on new IATF:2016 bibliography (last pages, include a lot of interesting documents).

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >