WASTE of Inventory
Definition: Any supply in excess of customer requirements necessary to produce goods or services just-in-time
- Unreliable supplier shipments
- Misunderstood communications
- Extra rework / hidden problems
- Stagnated information flow
- Obsolete material / landfill
| Previous slide
|| Next slide
|| Back to first slide
|| View graphic version
Symptoms and root causes.
What does this type of waste look like in you (work) world?
Resource Conservation and Pollution Prevention:
Inventory drives the need for warehouses, handling equipment, WIP, packaging, handling of obsolete/damaged goods, etc. This results in increased energy and disposal costs.
Do you have any of these issues here? Tell us about it.