Slide 1 of 26
We've discussed the "7 Types of Waste" and you've begun to understand what waste looks like in the process.
The next step is to use Lead Time Analysis to find out exactly where waste exists, so that we can go about eliminating it.
- Tool to surface where waste resides
- Concept on value added & non-value added
- Recognize time is money and a key competitive advantage
- Lead time reduction graphic tool
- Ask question how much VA in process being studied, then look back when determined (usually less than 5% VA)
- Value in this being monitored by an organization and displayed in work area (a simple visual tool, don't computerize)
- Method of lead-time reduction:
- Paper wall with flow - visual impact