0 non conformities in registrar audits over 4 years

Graciel

Involved In Discussions
I recently started at a company that in the last 4 years had 0 non conformities at the audit (integrated 9001, 14001, 45001) performed by the certification body they chose (same one for 5 years).
I've never seen this result for a "big company"( they 2000 employees and a complex process).
Is that really such an unusual result?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I also do not have enough information to form a comparison, but I can just say I averaged about one NC per day for each audit. In seven years, very few clients received no nonconformances at all.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I would be suspicious of 0 nonconformities over 4 years, personally.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Interesting for sure. If they have 2000 employees they surely had a team of auditors doing the audits, so it's not like they had one auditor who was lazy or cutting them slack.

blackholequasar

The Cheerful Diabetic
Our company has a fairly robust and mature QMS, but even so - we have had some findings each year in the form of OFIs. Last year, we had a minor. I don't like to think that an auditor is out to LOOK for things, digging to find issues, however it does seem a little suspect that opportunities have not presented themselves in four years.

What has your internal audit process yielded? Anything significant?

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Another risk to consider: auditors not finding weaknesses in our organization working as a system.

Does anyone know of a system weakness that is not a nonconformity with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or ISO 45001?

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
IMO, stated elsewhere repeatedly...
Internal audit purpose: to look for non-conformity within the whole, it's there...go find it.
Surveillance audit by the CB: to verify conformity

I know opinions vary widely...but taking this approach meant 0 findings by the CB for far more than 4 years...they weren't there to find since the internal audit had already found them.
zero findings on internal audit...that would be a significant problem.

Top Bottom