SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

10 parts, 4 operators, 3 replications and each part has 3 location to measure.

Hello everyone, I am doing a GRR study where i have,

10 parts, 4 operators, 3 replications and each part has 3 specific locations to measure.

I choosed each part with 1 at one location as an one indivdual part so i have now 30 parts , 4 operators and 3 replications. I analyzed the data on Minitab and on %contribution my total GRR is 37% , Repeat 34% and Reproduce 3.70%.

i wanted to make sure if this is the right approach ?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

rmyjq

Starting to get Involved
You can consider this as three indenpendt MSAs:
1. 10 parts - 1st location, 4 operators, 3 replications
2. 10 parts -2nd location, 4 operators, 3 replications
3. 10 parts -3rd location, 4 operators, 3 replications

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
A question to clarify, since the first assumption is that the three locations may be three features. Are you measuring the same feature in three locations (e.g., shaft diameter at each end and in middle, or at 120 degrees rotation)? If it is the same feature, but in different locations, I recommend using the expanded R&R study in Minitab, where location is a separate factor. This will separate the effect of within part variation from repeatability and reproducibility. Let us know the results for further guidance.

so, i am measuring the same feature across three locations. i used gage rnr expanded and put location under additional factor, i am getting 61% total gage rnr which quite higher than my earlier approach

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
This means that variation within the part itself is a significant source of the total apparent measurement variation. Measurement variation due to the measurement equipment is only the Repeatability & Reproducibility. However, the within part variation can make the measurement variation appear greater than it actually is. This means greater care is required to ensure that measurements are taken in exactly the same location and in the same manner each time.

What exactly are you measuring and with what equipment?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Quantifying risk in choosing the number of parts, operators and replicates in a GR&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
W GR&R (two dimensions on a shaft) with few parts and only 2 operators Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M 10 parts, 3 operators, 3 measurements GR&R study tolerance question Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
C Interpreting Gage R&R Results - 3 operators, 3 iterations and 10 parts Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
M Gage R&R form for 2 operators 10 parts and 3 trials needed Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Q Gage R&R lite? This form only uses two operators measuring five parts one time Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
D Gage R&R Study - Marking Parts, Number of Parts and Number of Operators Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
aleexander Grounding of metallic accessible parts IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
K Unused Service Parts in Newly Manufactured Medical Device? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
M MSA angle issue - Nylon parts using Aberlink 3D Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
I What revalidation is necessary if we change parts in a WFI loop ? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
Fjalar Spare parts for discontinued MDD compliant class I medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S For Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) Is 100% Inspection Required? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 2
S Defibrillator Protection applicability When using Multiple applied parts IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
F Recording Nonconforming Purchased Parts Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
D Suggestions for Ishikawa for hyperdetailed customer - plastic molding automotive parts Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
R Is a FAIR required on parts that we design? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
C Packaging Long Parts Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
D Separation of F-type applied part and remaining parts IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
John C. Abnet VDA 6.3 - Question 7.3 - "blocking of parts" VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 6
I When is necessary to have RoHS declaration on non-electrical parts? REACH and RoHS Conversations 1
Z Rapid audit template for plastic parts manufacturing process Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
C Scrapping on production floor - Setup parts 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
G Bad Parts cause Customer line stop IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
G Calibration of "Master Parts" Used as Gauges Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5
P FDA Approved Product Contact Parts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Identifying Applied Parts IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M Nonconforming parts accepted by operator with intention Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 33
J Mechanical inspection techniques of close tolerance parts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Sister-company providing parts is only ISO 9001 registered IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
A AS9100D 8.1.4 Prevention of Counterfeit Parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
C Difficulties getting RoHS/REACH for cheap parts RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
G Same parts but new customer - What will the auditor ask me? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
G Need to change KPI we called NC parts (maximum 3%.) to FTQ (first time quality) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Q Do you classify applied parts? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
R Defib-proof applied parts IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
S Earthing of moving parts, designing tips IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
Ed Panek Corona Virus impact on Supplier Audits and Received Parts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
E IEC 60601-1 - Unearthed Medical Device Metal Parts IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
bryan willemot Shipping Aerospace parts without Stress certs Manufacturing and Related Processes 20
H Capability Data for Paint Thickness on Painted Parts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
J SPC - Stamping parts - Small batch size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
D 3 Companies - Medical device parts and substances - Responsibilities EU Medical Device Regulations 4
B Accessible parts per 8.4.2 b) - Touch currents in combination with MOOP or MOPP? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
J Traceability of component parts - Bolts, screws and washers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Traceability on Unmarked Parts - AS9100 requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
CPhelan Best metrics for monitoring low volume (<1000) parts per vendors Supply Chain Security Management Systems 1
DuncanGibbons Best practice for identifying "items" of parts for DFMEA analysis AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
L PPM - wrong parts or defective parts? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
DuncanGibbons Classification of aerospace parts depending on their risk and criticality etc. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3