101 Things to do in Holland...

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

treesei

Years ago I had the pleasure to visit Holland, a country as flat as a leaf with its water systems like sparkling veins on the leaf. Beautiful country indeed with many sweet memories...

All the flowers... As my Dutch colleague told me:"In Holland, a house without flowers is an empty house."

And this: God created the world, but Dutches created Holland.:)

mdurivage

Quite Involved in Discussions
I love traveling to the Netherlands the people are great. When I go there (usually in mid September), I like to parachute from a WWII C-47 onto the American, British, and Polish drop zones to commemorate the invasion of Holland in September 1944 by the Allies.

B

Bill Pflanz

I visited Holland 3 or 4 times while on business in the late 90's. Except for the train ride from Amsterdam, I spent all my time in Rotterdam. At least I had one afternoon to walk around Rotterdam and even visit one of the art museums showing some of the works of your well known painters. Would love to go back and see more of your country.

Bill Pflanz

A

AdamP

I've had the opportunity to visit several times for work over the past few years. Have to agree that Schiphol airport is the best! I really enjoy taking the trains, which are very easy to locate (just don't try to use a US credit card in the kiosks for train tix, as we aren't on the pin & chip set up). The ride south is great - seeing the waterways and all the pastures with a wholel mix of animals from horses to pigs and sheep to swans.

I was able to catch PSV Eindhoven play Hamburg and that was an experience! Having the entire arena singing and chanting is something US football could benefit from.

I'd recommend taking a few days to everyone - go visit. Great sights and very nice folks.

Cheers,

Adam

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
It was the mid 1960's doing a Youth Hostel "adventure" on a bike one summer, but I got pretty drunk as a teenager at a Heineken brewery (free beer at the end of the tour). That was so long ago that I don't even remember what city it was in. I haven't had the opportunity to get back to Holland, but what I remember was nice.

That said, I'm sure things are much, much different than when I was there so many years ago.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Universal Power Cord with Adapters - IVD IEC 61010-2-101 CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
R IEC 60601-2-57 - Subclause 201.7.101.2 - Explanatory Label - LS Equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
D IEC 60601-2-44: 202.101 Immunity Testing of Essential Performance IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
Sam Lazzara Medical Device Standards Identification 101 article Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
V What is the ISO standard name for Santoprene 101-64 per GM 15813 APQP and PPAP 4
J Information on IEC 60601-2-101 for IVDs - Has it been superseded? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 9
N Recommend internal auditing training 101 please (Tucson or Phoenix, AZ) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
B IVD Laboratory Blood Processor - Applicable standards? IEC61010-1, -2-101? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
A Sustainability 101 Training Ideas and Presentation Materials wanted Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 2
T Environmental Management System (EMS) "101" Basics Brochure to Share? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
W PC World's 101 Fantastic Freebies After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Wes Bucey Real Life 101 - Can your kid pass? World News 5
B What would you send into Room 101? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 18
ccochran Document Control 101 - Getting your arms around Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
E Quality 101 - Recommendations on books, etc. for someone new to Quality Engineering Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
Marc 2004 Edition: The 101 Dumbest Moments in Business Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
Marc Fun with Metal Forming 101 Manufacturing and Related Processes 20
B Stupid Company Tricks 101 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 21
Marc ISO 9001:2000 (& 2008) - Interpretations 101 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 28
Marc Calibration to a Known Standard - Theory 101 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
K Things to learn during lockdown.... Safety-related books/articles/threads Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
D What are the important things to keep track of in product audit checklist? Software Quality Assurance 3
M Informational Some things the EU MDR 2017/745 does not tell you, but you may need to know to comply with it effectively – Part 1 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU-U.S. COOPERATION Exploring trade opportunities, from medical devices to the Internet of Things Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
Jim Wynne Some things never change Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
E Layouts : Can you "verify" things that are not visible (such as loctite present, internal dimensions) in a layout ? APQP and PPAP 2
R 8.1.3 Management of change - Evidence of HIRA and related things Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
Sidney Vianna What do these things have in common? Surge in new ISO Committees & Standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
Marc Things that will Change or Go Away - 20180916 Forum News and General Information 7
K Dueling Metrology Labs - Two different labs telling you two different things General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
P Specification Subscription Services - Eg: Things like MSDS AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
B Procedures necessary for things such as the floor cleaner or weigh scale ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Marc DOD, DHS and NASA Are Driving Adoption of Internet of Things Sensors IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
Ajit Basrur 10 Things Extraordinary People Say Every Day Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
Sidney Vianna ISO Online Browsing Platform (OBP) - Search Resource for "all things ISO" Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
LRE67 What things do you look for when promoting from within an organization? Career and Occupation Discussions 3
N Change Order Problem - Want to change things "on the fly" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
somashekar Good things coming back to you ... Imported Legacy Blogs 1
Jim Wynne APQP, or Why Things Always Go Wrong APQP and PPAP 0
G 10 Things You Should Never Say at the Office Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
AnaMariaVR2 How to Make Things Well: Genichi Taguchi, 1924-2012 Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 1
R Outsourcing of a Semi-Finished Product - Which major things to address in the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
J Are these things really required in a document control procedure? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 17
Ajit Basrur How people in different professions see things differently :) Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
J What things go in Design Control Documentation for a 510k of Class II Medical Device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
Ajit Basrur How Engineers view things differently :) Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 10
B ISO 9001 Application to my Business for the Production side of things only ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B 15 Things Worth Remembering Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
H Getting Things Started ? QM, Tactics, Strategy, Acceptance vs. Gridlock, Enthusiasm Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
P Magic with Microsoft (things that could not be explained) Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 8