1st Internal Audit & Training

D

Dan De Yarman

We had our first internal audit on Monday, and apparently some people didn't learn some of the basic information I expected them to lean. What general knowledge are the auditors expecting the employees to have; other than who the MR is and what the quality policy is? Do they need to know how many elements there are? (Everyone had training that included how many elements there are.) What terminology must everyone be familiar with?

And also, are temporary contract employees required to go through QS-9000 TE Supplement training?

Thanks to anyone who gives me a hand with this issue.

Dan

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

Tom Goetzinger

We have a 1 page Work Instruction that covers the Quality Policy, Quality Objectives, and Responsibilities and Authority; that basically covers all that we expect our employees to know, other than how to properly do their jobs and what records they are required to maintain. I've published a number of articles in the monthly company newsletter about what QS9000-TE is and what it will do for us, but I don't expect them to know tons about the standard itself. I have it available if they want to look at, but it is not required reading.
I'll fax you a copy of the Work Instruction and the Internal Audit report forms that we use; maybe it will help you get started.
Must mention that we are not registered yet (final audit scheduled for end of this month), but our Lead Auditor has reviewed this information and finds it acceptable.

D

Dan De Yarman

Tom,

Thanks for the info; it should come in handy. I'm already making changes to some of our Work Instructions, and will probably make changes to our Quality Manual and Quality Procedures pretty soon.

I still need an answer if anyone can help. Are temporary contract employees required to go through QS-9000 TE Supplement training?

Any help will be apprecitated.

Dan

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Thanks, Tom. I'm going to tell you what, now - I really liked that! Good!

T

Tom Goetzinger

Glad I could be of help. I've certainly gotten enough help from this group and I'm glad to make any contribution I can.
Dan, regarding your question concerning need to train temp employees in the TE Supplement. I would make sure they are aware of your quality policy, quality objectives, and their responsibilities; they should also know where to find the procedures which cover what they do, and who to talk to if they have a problem or question. I've heard it said that temporary employees can be a source of a significant number of training nonconformances during registration audits, so its probably any area to want to make sure is covered.

W

waberens

It is my understanding that if your temps can affect or compromise the quality of your product or service you need to train them to that degree. Tom listed the minimum that would typically be included.

Bill

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
That's an old 'gotcha'. You have to train temps in their job. But - not 'QS-9000 TE Supplement training' per se.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Sample of 1st Article Inspection Report wanted APQP and PPAP 3
K China UDI Implementation for October 1st 2019 China Medical Device Regulations 4
J AS9100D Sections related to 1st Piece and In-Process Inspection Manufacturing and Related Processes 15
V Handling decomissioned line/equipment during 1st time product-based inspection US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
A 1st Time Purchase of Aluminum Extrusion - First Article? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Q Effective 1st Piece Inspection Sign Off Procedure Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
S 1st AHWP-RAPS Joint Conference @ KL, Malaysia 2-3 Dec 2013 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
A Publication Dates of MSA Manuals (1st & 2nd Ed.) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
D QMS 1st Cycle - Indicators and Data ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
N 1st Shift vs. 2nd Shift Production Crews - How to end this war? Career and Occupation Discussions 15
W Is there an IEC 60601 3rd Edition 1st Amendment? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
Q Using Traceable Standards - AIAG MSA Manual Chapter II, Section B, 1st bullet Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Class I Medical Device - 1st notification and change notification EU Medical Device Regulations 4
K Raw Materials from 3rd World Countries vs. Finished Products from 1st World Countries Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 23
somashekar Medical Device Regulation - Singapore - 1st May 2010 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
N What is a ?Reasonable? failure rate for an electronic device in the 1st year? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
J FAA Training suggestions wanted for Sept 1st week Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 5
N Nonconforming Product - 1st Piece Rejection Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
G APQP 1st edition VS APQP 2nd edition - what are the main changes APQP and PPAP 2
CarolX Blueprint numbering for 1st Article submission Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 13
C Passed the CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) exam 1st time Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
C 1st Gage R&R Results help Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 48
J Final Inspection - 1st Article Dimensions before Anodize and Passivation Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
P Digital Camera 1st DSLR Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
ScottK ISO9001 - 1st Surveillance less than 6 months after registration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
R AIAG's FMEA Manual 4th Edition pushed back to 1st quarter 2008 FMEA and Control Plans 16
CarolX Definition 1st, 2nd and 3rd Party Audits - Definition Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 29
M Our 1st surveillance audit is coming soon - Any new input..or requirment..? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
SteelMaiden FDA approves 1st drug for obese dogs World News 6
P 1st Article Part - Recording All Dimensions vs. Critical Dimensions - AS9100B AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 24
B Should 1st Piece Process be a Control or a Line Item in the Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
Marc Ford Has $1.19 Bln 1st-Qtr Loss on Job-Cutting Costs World News 15
J The AIAG's SPC manual 1st Edition and 2nd Edition - Differences? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Jeff Putman Meeting the 3rd Party Lead Auditor Prior to the 1st Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Howard Atkins Errata for the AIAG's MSA Third Edition; 1st and 2nd printings Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
D What does 1st piece (1st Article) mean to a lay person like myself? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
A AIAG's SPC manual 2nd edition vs. 1st edition - Has it changed? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
S Gmail invite - 1st asked - 1st served... After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
C Consequences of Missing the Chrysler July 1st TS 16949 Deadline IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 31
Sean Kelley Successful 1st Gage R&R Study...but Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 15
M 1st day success! QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 5
G 1st Articles / Initial Sample Submissions - Requirements for submitting PPAPs Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
M Internal PPM Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 15
S Risk based internal auditing Internal Auditing 6
O Informational Scaling back internal audits due to corona virus while avoiding a NC Internal Auditing 7
N Small Company - Internal audit process - Who does the audit? Internal Auditing 4
J Does anyone have an excel IATF 16949 Internal Audit checklist I could use? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7