4.11 Control of Inspection Measurement and Test Equipment

M

MSHELLEY

One would think that the service industries would have gotten the message that they too have to be certified if they want to continue to do business with people required to have QS9000 registration. I am having a time finding someone who qualifies as ISO/IEC Guide 25(soon to be renamed) to do pressure gage calibrations. Need help

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I don't know any specific company to recommend but you might try Lane Brothers.

I believe in the next couple of years you'll see a lot of cal suppliers qualify in some way.

You say they're soon to change the name of ISO/IEC Guide 25. Would you please tell up what you know?

R

Ramona Marks

If you do not have the capability to calibrate pressure gages in house (using a NIST traceable master), and you can not locate a local "certified" calibration house, it is acceptable, per QS 9000 third edition, to use the gage manufacturer. They do not have to be certified, just traceable to NIST. Also, the certificate of calibration must meet the requirements of QS 9000 (e.g., before and after data, NIST traceable numbers of masters used, procedures used, etc.)

I calibrate most of our pressure gages in house using dead weights that are calibrated by the original manufacturer. I do have several high pressure gages (3k - 5k psig) that are sent out annually back to the manufacturer for calibration.

I do know of several other gage calibration sources located in North Carolina. I found them through the gage houses that I do business with. You might want to ask the people you buy from if they know of anyone. Also, the Thomas Registry is on line now, and is a free access.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Statistical Process Control and Inspection in Footwear Production Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
J Incoming Inspection Plans under Design Control (part of DMR)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
L Remote Control Inspection Digital Indicator with a TIR (range) function Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
S How to incorporate a customers special inspection frequency in our control plan FMEA and Control Plans 1
S Ensuring Print Dimensions are in Control Plans, WI's and Receiving Inspection Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
B Control Plan Entries - Outgoing Visual Inspection - What should be on a Control Plan? FMEA and Control Plans 18
T How do I Reduce Frequency of Receiving Inspection Testing for Quality Control Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
S External Audit Non-Conformance - Control Plan and Inspection Issues IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Inspection Kits for Each Customer Part: Calibration and Asset Control? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
R Inspection Humidity Control - Range for Mechanical Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
T Inspection Method and Control Method for Visual Inspection? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
L Criteria for Establishing Control Plan Sample Size and Inspection Frequency FMEA and Control Plans 7
J Quality Control of High Tension Steel Cable Bolt - Inspection Method Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
F MSA and Control Plan - Satisfying Visual Inspection Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
L Control Plan vs. Inspection Plan - What exactly is the difference FMEA and Control Plans 5
M Control Plan: How to include Final Inspection FMEA and Control Plans 3
S Outgoing Inspection (End control) procedure and report template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
N Control Plans and Inspection Plans for panel board industries FMEA and Control Plans 5
T Which control chart for incoming (receiving) inspection - Sample size of 10 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
G Is 100% Inspection a Control or does a Process need another type of control? FMEA and Control Plans 9
P Inspector Inspection Stamp Requirements and Control Program Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
Douglas E. Purdy Classification of Suppliers & Control Plans to Reduce Receiving Inspection FMEA and Control Plans 6
Z Shall we only control the Inspection card of the most assembled Product? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S 100% Inspection Control Chart By Dr. Feigenbaum - SMT (Surface Mounting Technology) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
J 'Final Inspection' and 'Layout & Functional Testing' - Part of Control Plan? FMEA and Control Plans 9
Ron Rompen Audit Finding or Nonconformance? Gage cited on Control Plan and Inspection Record IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
Douglas E. Purdy How AQL Inspection & Test corresponds to Control of Nonconforming Product AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 11
K Process Control Plan and Inspection Plans - Receiving and final inspection required? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
P Is the first piece inspection method supposed to be in the Control Plan? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18
T Control of Monitoring Device - Workers (employees) eyes - Visual Inspection ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
S Is a Control Plan Required for Receiving Inspection? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
Stuart Andrews Changing Inspection Frequency on the Control Plan Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
A Define Final Inspection Requirements on the Control Plan? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
D Pre-Control Chart to guide in-process inspection / adjustment decisions Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 43
B Final Inspection - Specific lot control required? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
T PFMEA and Control Plans on legacy product FMEA and Control Plans 5
P IATF 16949 requirement - error-proofing in control plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
C 8.5.1.1 Control of Equipment, Tools, and Software Programs - Questions about the extent of control of NC programs AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Q Version/Revision Control of CAD files Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
earl62 What is the best way to control special characteristics in Control plan? Is it Mandatory to have SPC for IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
Sravan Manchikanti How to interpret '8.3 Control of nonconforming product' for SaMD device while implementing ISO 13485 & MDSAP ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Z Putting back excluded rows/data points in a control chart Using Minitab Software 0
J Control Plan use on the manufacturing floor FMEA and Control Plans 4
E Change in control plan - Do I have to do sampling? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D All Dimensions listed on control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
Q ISO 9001 8.5.1 - Control of production and service performance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A What is the difference between Design Process, Process Design and Design Control? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
A Beginners help with ISO3951-2 Combined control s-method n>5 what is Phi ?? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0