4.2.3.7 - Control Plans - Information in Appendix J

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
I have searched the forums and have not found an answer, maybe someone remembers or can help.
According to 4.2.3.7 the control plan shall include the information in Appendix J
I believe that the control plan although the basis for the inspection and control instructions, after approval the actual locally approved individual instructions referenced in the control plan are the descisive documents.

If for any reason these local documents are updated does this fulfill the requirement for updating the control plan as long as on these individual documents have the information as per appendix J.

There are reasons that there has been a change, addition of inspection, etc. which do not require re PPAP and thus to update the complete original CP is wastefull.

Can any one help me to justify the updating of the local documents is acceptable as per requirements.

Auditors?

S

Sam

Howard,

For revisions not requiring a PPAP:

Revising a document noted on the CP does not require a revision to the CP unless the revision level of the document has been noted also. In this case a revision to the CP would be required.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
> Revising a document noted on the CP does not require a
> revision to the CP unless the revision level of the
> document has been noted also. In this case a revision to
> the CP would be required.

I agree with that.

If the Control Plan cites a sub-document without revision level and that sub-document is changed, the change its self will determine whether a change to the control plan is nessary or not. I think when Sam said:

> For revisions not requiring a PPAP

He was alluding to that. But think about it... If the sub-document change is a change in criteria which is on the control plan (let's say you change an inspection instruction and you use a different gage as well), you may not have to re-PPAP per se (you'll have to do R*&R studies, etc., but not a 'full' PPAP) but you will have changes on the control plan.

Now - If the document cited is a Reaction Plan - there's another issue there. So - it depends upon what document is changed and its relationship to the Control Plan.

M

mboteo

In order to avoid needs to update the CP as much as possible. I have been referring to sub-documents as much as possible.

This is only possible, of course for process steps or feature that are not critical to safety.

All my CP's refer to Receiving inspection plans, Process setting sheets, Component inspection plans, Process specific work instructions, etc.

All my automotive customers had no problem of doing it this way. On the production floor itself, thanks to the referrals, the CP is a handy matrix, that quickly guides operators to the right documents to use for their job.

Steven

Top Bottom