4.2.3 Document Control using Microsoft Sharepoint - Visibility of Draft Documents

H

hoef17

In my organization we use Microsoft Sharepoint to control of documents. Some associates can see draft version of documents and others can only access published versions (non-draft). For those who can see draft versions there is a particular way to navigate back to the version that has been published for all users to see.... during our internal audits we have found that some people who can see draft versions are unable to navigate thru version history to see published version. What would you typically write this up against? My opinion is 4.2.3 d to ensure the relevant version of applicable document are available at points of use.

Your thoughts?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: 4.2.3 Document Control

It's not clear whether the people can't access the published version at all, or just can't do it via a certain path. Nonetheless, do you have your own documented procedure for how the thing is supposed to work? If so, and the way that it works doesn't conform to the documented requirements, you have a nonconformity against your own requirements.

On the other hand, if you don't have a documented procedure for how the thing is supposed to work but you've discovered that it doesn't work as expected, you should fix that, perhaps documenting it as an opportunity or whatever it is your company calls that sort of thing when discovered in an internal audit. It's generally not a good idea to do internal audits against the standard. Design your processes to meet the requirements of the standard, and audit against your own process designs.

Last edited:
C

Chance

Re: 4.2.3 Document Control

As Jim said, it is not clear what people do and don't have access.

IMHO, why would you let your audience see the previous version history? Those becomes obsolete anyway from the moment a new version is published. Pardon me if I misunderstood your post.

S

selena15

Hi all

well
i would saw it as the following:

IMHO, it is just it issue, since just some have this problem, it may be a right access cause or other missing cookies or related

but as others said, the obsolete version need to be kept separatly as archive. and the draft version is in my understanding available to people who writte it and approve it when a company use electronic way to update or writte procedure.

i would consider it as nc against item 4.3.2 d if i consider that you make available to people the draft version while the approved copy is released

hope i contribute

sel

Top Bottom