4.6.2.2. Records of premium freight - Anybody who have a true explanation?

D

Daniel Emond

Hi, this is my first posting on the Cove.

Is there anybody who have a true explanation of the records of premium freight (4.6.2.2) we have to develop according to the monitoring of delivery performance of subcontractors ?

Excuse me for my english... French is my first language.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D
Premium freight is what you pay to ship any orders other than the regular freight costs. They want you to monitor it so your customers are not being charged extra uneeded costs for shipping. Our Office Assistant tracks it on a log whenever we use UPS Red, Next Day Air, etc. and then we review it quarterly in management review meetings to look for ways to keep costs down. Hope this helps.

D

Daniel Emond

Thanks a lot. I've heard that we had to build a record of all regular shipping costs. I better like this way !

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
They want you to monitor it so your customers are not being charged extra uneeded costs for shipping.
They also want to make sure YOUR company is not experiencing 'unneccessary' expense. Many companies absorb (do not pass on) premium freight costs when they ship late. If you're using premium freight and it is not part of the your original quote and the original requirements it is signaling a problem. If it is continuous it may indicate you ar having serious problems (they ask "Why are they always so behind that they can't ship on time? What is the REAL problem?")

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 02-05-99).]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Records of Premium Freight (4.6.2.2) Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 5
Q From paper to Electronic (records) in the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
C Compliance with ISO 17025 requirement 8.4.2 - Controls - Records recovery ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
J Controlled information versus defined documents / records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
I When do FORMs and Log Files become Records? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
S Validation Records - Very young QMS Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
B Record Management - Does the QMS need to control templates of records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
J Integrity of electronic digital records - Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Q Do Management Review records have to be on a controlled form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 30
J Medical device related standards or regulations - Disposed records log ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
U Manufacturing solutions and keeping records on quality Content CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
S Maintaining Equipment Records - We use a manual system ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
Q AS9120B flow down to external providers: Records Retention AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
F ISO 17025:2017 Format for Procedure and Records Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Date of Quality Management System - Training Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
I Training records and "grandfather" clauses ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D AS9100 Inspection records - Is there a requirement to have gauge ID and calibration status AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
J Dr Training Records - Training doctors to use a PMA approved medical device Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Q Documenting Customer Complaints (Records) Customer Complaints 6
M Informational EU – Hearing on the SCHEER preliminary Guidelines on the presence of Phthalates in certain medical devices (Brussels, 04 April 2019) – Summary records Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
I ISO 9001:2015 - On the Job Training and Records Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
A Records required for ISO 9001 clause 7.1.5.1 - Fitness for purpose of the monitoring and measurement resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
M Informational USFDA – Radiological Health Regulations; Amendments to Records and Reports for Radiation Emitting Electronic Products; Amendments to Performance Stand Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
L GMDN code wanted - Software for handling records Service Industry Specific Topics 9
I Training records and levels - When does training NOT need a record? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Q Correction of records - FAR or DFAR? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
J Referencing Medical Device in FDA records - Package contains several other components Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M AS9100D Competence and Training Records - X-Ray AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
C Karl Fischer Titrators and 21 CTR Part 11 and Paper Records Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6
J Calibration/Verification Records (IATF 16949 7.1.5.2.1) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
I GMP 21 CFR Part 11 Electronic Records Compliance Project Help Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 9
P Minor Non-Conformance - Maintenance Records Not Fully Completed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
S Where to keep Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) Validation Records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
K Do Forms and Templates ALWAYS become Records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
S What records are required to show compliance to ISO 13485:2016? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
T MDR - Regarding the “Retention Period” of Documents and Records CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
Q Do hard copies of quality records have to be retained? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
E IATF 16949 Cl. 7.1.5.2.1 - Calibration and Verification Records Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S. Moore Record Retention - How long must a company keep the following records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
R Custom Records and Quality Systems - Products that change frequently Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
A Alternative to keeping hard copy records that is 21 CFR part 11 compliant Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
S ISO 13485 Cl. 4.2.5 - Requirements for Control of Records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Q AS9100/AS1180-1 - Handling of Equipment and Calibration Records AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 12
B Quality Records - Should any record be signed? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
B Records Destroyed - Hurricane Harvey has likely destroyed our Quality Systems Records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 10
L Inspection Checksheets (Records) Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
J IATF 16949 Cl. 7.1.5.2.1 - Gauges (Measuring Jigs) Calibration/Verification Records IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
O Start Up Approval Dimension Records IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
V Use of e-records and e-Signatures in Clinical Investigations Under 21 CFR part 11 Q&A Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
Q Of these documents which have to be Live Documents and which ones Records? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4