SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

4 Factors 3 Level DOE to determine which factors are significant

R

runvar

I am carrying out a DOE of experimental parameters to carry out experiments and determine which factors are significant for my experimental output.

The factors i have are voltage, duty factor, speed and gap and right now i have 9 iterations of the design.
I am new to Minitab and DOE and was wondering if what i have is correct or if i need to tweak it.
I have attached the spreadsheet with the iterations.
I have 2 output factors which i will measure after the experiments are done.
These will then be used to see which parameters affect the output favorably and non favorably.

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
I recommend using a 2-level fractional factorial with center points. See attached.

This is a more efficient approach to screening. If you detect curvature, you can add axial points to convert this to a response surface design. A 3-level design cannot be converted to RSM in Minitab.

Attachments

R

runvar

Miner thanks for the amazingly quick reply. :)

I just wanted to clarify on my question since i feel i may not have worded it correctly.
I will carry out experiments with different iterations with the 4 input factors that i have mentioned (Voltage, duty factor, speed, gap).
The output i am considering is width and height of the deposition.
There is no optimal value that i am looking at since these experiments havent been carried out before. I assume that for width a certain value is good and any experimental values close to that i get will mean that i can use those experimental parameters as ideal for carrying out experiments in the future.
Similarly for height i will do the same. By the end of DOE my objective is to say these levels of input factors affect the output (width and height) to have a very high value or a low value or an optimum value.

Forgive me if i am restating the same thing but i wanted to be doubly sure before i go about doing the experiments.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Taguchi design for 3 level 4 factors Using Minitab Software 12
R Taguchi Design - Degree of freedom for l27 in 4 factors 3 level (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 15
G What to do with correction factors overlooked by an accredited standard (6.4.11)? ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
P Human Factors / Usability validation in the time of COVID Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 17
C Kaizen Events - Factors Affecting Failure Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 13
D Is Human Factors testing mandatory for a 510(k) submission? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 16
J Selecting factors for screening DoE design Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
T Determination of TENSION SAFETY FACTORS - Table 21 IEC 60601-1 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
J DoE (Design of Experiments) - Multiple responses with different factors Using Minitab Software 2
P Usability/human factors engineering requirement (standard) for IVD medical device Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
A Interesting Discussion Human Factors as Root Cause AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
P Global medical device human factors/usability requirement IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 3
M Medical Device News FDA News - 14-09-18 - Benefit-Risk Factors to Consider for Substantial Equivalence Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
H Minitab 15 - Factorial Design - 3 factors: 4x3x2 - How to? Using Minitab Software 4
P Interesting Discussion Addressing Human Factors in Corrective Action AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 23
M I have 3 different factors - DOE help Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
A How do I create a 3^k factorial design with factors be treated as continuous where I Using Minitab Software 0
V Screening DOE with 7 Input factors and 4 responses - Significant factors Using Minitab Software 1
H Taguchi mixed model DoE [L16 (4^3 2^6): factors interaction and ANOVA calculation Using Minitab Software 3
S Taguchi Design with ANOVA - 3 factors each with 3 levels Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 13
R Is there any Excel .xls Spreadsheet available for DOE with 3 factors? Six Sigma 1
T New EU Medical Device Regulations - Q1/2 2017 and Human Factors Other Medical Device Related Standards 10
M New MHRA guidance on Human Factors - Usability Engineering IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 1
L BSI White Paper on Human Factors/Usability Engineering IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 12
M Requiring action on factors alone of RPN in FMEA APQP and PPAP 7
S IEC 62366 vs. FDA Human Factors Requirements Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 2
S DOE Analysis - Experiments with 5 Factors Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
Ajit Basrur FDA issues Guidance Document - Benefits-Risks Factors to consider for 510(K) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
C MU (Uncertaincy of Measurements) definition and MU Factors Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
E ANOVA for Taguchi method - Four factors and three levels and nine runs (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 6
M How to compare 2 independent samples having 3 factors 3 levels Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
Y Taguchi Design with 6 levels and 3 factors in Minitab Using Minitab Software 11
J When to use k-Factors vs TUR Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 6
V Selection of Design - 8 Factors, almost sure about Target Levels Using Minitab Software 8
C Cost Factors of Iso 8 vs. ISO 8/9 Cleanroom Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
M Human Factors Testing for CE Marking of a Cosmetic Device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 9
Z A DOE in Minitab - 3 factors and 3 levels for each factor Using Minitab Software 12
J What are the Design Factors in APQP? APQP and PPAP 3
Q Risk Factors Checklist identifying the Risks for meeting the Customer Indent AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
B DOE Question: 3 factors with 2 levels and 1 factor with 3 levels Six Sigma 2
C Analyzing 3 Factors 3 Levels using Minitab Using Minitab Software 9
J Metal Stampers Feasibility form that includes Risk Factors IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J DOE Analysis Experiment, 5 factors, 4 factors having 3 levels, and 1 factor having 5 Using Minitab Software 38
D What Factors to consider to determine the Number of Auditors Internal Auditing 3
E 5^2 DOE (Design of Experiments) with 3 Replications, 5 Levels 2 Factors Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
N Applying Correction Factors to Furnaces Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
D Resolution V Factorial Design with 5 factors (3 numerical and two text) Using Minitab Software 1
N CE Mark and Third Party Companies Evaluation Factors CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
L DOE with 2 factors (3,4 levels) and optimized factor Using Minitab Software 12
C Packaging Shock Testing - Examples of Fragility and g-factors Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3