SBS - The best value in QMS software

510(K) Submission (Traditional) for Medical Device

Kuldeep Singh

Involved In Discussions
Hi Everyone,

We are manufacturer of X-Ray Medical device which falls under Class II FDA regulations. We are new to 510(K) submission and almost compile all the necessary data for 510(K) traditional except External lab test reports (like IEC 60601 & IEC 60601-1-2).
As we know it takes almost 180 days for review. So, is there any other way to submit the file without External lab test reports (e.g IEC 60601-1 & IEC 60601-1-2) and once we receive the reports then these shall be submitted to FDA (Actually Testing is already done but labs are unable to proceed for test reports due to their external audits). It is just to avoid the delay in getting 510(K) for our product.

Thanks in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

med_cert

Involved In Discussions
Hi,
It depends... if FDA takes your application under "administrative acceptance review" very soon after your submission, then you will be called for additional documents very soon... I am not familiar how long FDA waits for additional documents if they find some of them missing... Based on my experiences, FDA usually starts this review within few days and if they find anything missing, they give you very short time to react for "Interactive reivew"... maybe you could avoid "interactive review", in that case they will prolong the due date for missing document. In each case I believe you will not benefit... I suggest you to wait for those test reports.

I would suggest you to submit the documents if some not-so-important info would be missing, that would be pointed out later in the review process...

med_cert

Involved In Discussions
OK, I did not mention that we are not "X-Ray Medical device" manufacturer, however we also manufacture Class II medical device and we have to submit the reports. Then it's different for X-Ray imaging devices...

Kuldeep Singh

Involved In Discussions
According to the attached, you don't need to submit the reports.
Thanks for your reply

Would you please specify where it is mention that Test reports were not mandatory for 510(K) traditional in that document .It will help us to collect the evidences to show my boss for favour of 510(K) submission without test reports.

Al Rosen

Staff member
Super Moderator
Thanks for your reply

Would you please specify where it is mention that Test reports were not mandatory for 510(K) traditional in that document .It will help us to collect the evidences to show my boss for favour of 510(K) submission without test reports.
Look at sections 5 & 6.

Kuldeep Singh

Involved In Discussions
Hi,

There is one more doubt in my mind for FORM 3654 " STANDARDS DATA REPORT FOR 510(K) " . For Special 510(K) is it mandatory to be provided within 510(K) special submission ?

If yes please provide the status of that format. Because the current status of that format is not cleared whether it is obsolete or not.

Kuldeep Singh

Involved In Discussions
Thanks Ronen E

What I understand from the Thread you shared with us,is Form 3654 is no longer needed. So that mean we have to remove this Form 3654 from our 510(K) special / Traditional table of content.

Is there any new document added in replace of this form?

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Thanks Ronen E

What I understand from the Thread you shared with us,is Form 3654 is no longer needed. So that mean we have to remove this Form 3654 from our 510(K) special / Traditional table of content.

Is there any new document added in replace of this form?
All the answers you need are in the link I posted in that other thread.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Some questions about voluntary consensus standards in traditional 510(k) submission US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
A Some doubts about traditional 510(k) submission US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
A Which guidance do you use for guiding the requirements of IFU for 510(k) submission? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
T 510(k) submission - Which name should I use in the submission? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
A Bench test report translation to English for 510(k) submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
T First 510(k) submission - Class II software as medical device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
K 510(K) File eCopy Submission 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 16
P Predicate Device Information for 510(k) Submission Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
D First 510(k) Submission - Don't Forget Tips US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
D Is Human Factors testing mandatory for a 510(k) submission? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 16
D Pre-Submission after 510(K) Submission? Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
M CBE (Change Being Effected) 510(k) Submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
shimonv Referring to previously submitted biocompatibility results in a new 510(k) submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
S 510(k) Submission - Orthodontist that wants to distribute aligners in the US ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
shimonv Does 510(k) submission need to include UDI Data Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
D Documentation Requirements for Firmware in a 510(k) Submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
D Use of clinical data in a 510(k) submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
M 510(K) submission for clinical study devices US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
V 510(K) Cyber Security Documentation for Pre-market Submission (Templates) Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
A FDA 510(k) Submission Timelines US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M Demonstrating battery safety in 510(K) submission for the FDA Other US Medical Device Regulations 9
S FDA Draft Guidance on HLA Kits 510(k) Submission 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
D FDA 510(k) Submission Tests - Posterior Cervical Spinestem 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Z Agile Software Development and 510(k) Submission 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
T 510(k) Revision Level History and Submission Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
W 510(k) Submission for a huge, changing complex Medical Device System Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
T Level of Concern for Class II Medical Device Software 510(k) Submission 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S Revision of 510(k) Submission Documents - Risk Management Report? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
R Who must sign 510(k) Submission? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
A Should I submit the entire copy of my software in a 510(k) submission?? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
I About the 510(k) Submission US Company but Products are made in China US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
S Clinical or Non-Clinical Data in 510(k) Submission for a type II Medical Device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
shimonv Bench Testing as part of 510(k) Submission US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
C Locating Approved Special 510(k) Submission Data from 1997 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
I Cost to prepare 510(k) submission (resources, time, dollars) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
T IEC 62304:2006: Medical device software SDLC- CE Vs. Fda 510(k) submission IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 16
W Applying for 510(k) Submission for Blood Glucose Monitor System 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
P Blood Glucose Monitor - Sample 510(k) submission application 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
C 510(K) submission - Is it necessary if we changed from nylon to polyester suture? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
S Does Windows Service Pack (SP-3) upgrade need supplementary 510(k) submission?? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
L Software Documents in 510(k) submission (Moderate Level Concern) Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
W 510(k) submission - Questions about page 2 of form 3654 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
T 510(k) Submission for Outsourced Automated Instrumentation System Components 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
T Submission of 510(k) - Does the FDA require a predefined structure of the content? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R EC11 - Guidance Document - FDA 510 (k) Submission - ECG Monitors 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
D FDA Question: Contents of an FDA 510(k) Submission ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Predicate Material 510(k) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
S Predicate Material 510(k) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
J US Device Listing when not the 510(k) owner Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
supadrai Possible to Submit a 510(k) if you have never, do not and cannot produce the device for which you're submitting the application? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4