5S (Five S) Slogan Ideas - Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, Shitsuke

C

cncmarine

Wes Bucey said:
I find it curious that anyone in Japanese industry, especially in the Quality profession would consider violating one of the 14 points of a Quality guru practically venerated in Japan.
Nobody "violated" anything...they were talking about 5S not quality or production

R

rangish

The 1 S and 5 S

What I have said is Not a slogan but the Root of 5 S satrts with one S sagasu according to my teacher.
Some one Telephones home and You wish to write down his Telphone Number. How many times have You searched for a Ball Pen or Pencil with in 30 Seconds

When you ask someone to bring a hammer, how long can you wait without getting mad?

How long is your patience?

5 minutes? 2 minutes?? or 5 seconds???

You must arrnage a Tool Board in such a way That you Get the Tool with in 30 Seconds

This is what one of The Japanses 5S Experts whom I invited to Train us in India Through AOTS Japan, FUJITA sensei calls as a 30 seconds Rule

It means to work towards the reduction in the Sagasu Time.

To have a slogan or not is an individual's approach to the way he or she wants to take the Message across. Banner or Slogan is Only a Tool and what can work for one Need not for the other. Just Because of one had not used slogans or banner, does not prevent the Other, from Using One which may fit into his or Her Organizational Culture. But action should Not be replaced with Slogan.

Attachments

• 30 Second Rule.ppt
    153 KB · Views: 1,904
R

rangish

Some More 5 S slides

Dear All
Pl see more 5 S slides
Rangish

Attachments

• 5 s Powerpoint Presentation.ppt
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,733
A

abbeyabhi

5S Flyers

Hello all

We are going to implement 5S in our organization in a few weeks. I am the project leader for thie project and this is my first project which i want to work well. I was looking out fr flyers and posters for the introduction of 5S. I looked up on the internet i couldnt find anything interesting. Can you suggest me a website where i can buy these flyers.

Thanks,
abbeyabhi

A

abbeyabhi

5S Slogan

Andrews said:
We have started to implement 5S in our organisation. In this connection, Iam looking for some 5S slogans for our campaigns.Please help

I am trying to find soem 5S slogans too: have managed to get few: Please comment

Clean - The Clever Way
One Goal, One Passion - 5S
A place for Everything, Everything in its Place
Think Different, Think Clean

This is Urgent , Please Help!!!!!

Thanks,

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
abbeyabhi said:
Cannot open the ppt. Can you reattach it???

Go to the Microsoft website and download a free viewer. This power point may answer some of the questions you have posted.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you will find more links to 5S threads.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
abbeyabhi said:
I am trying to find soem 5S slogans too: have managed to get few: Please comment

Clean - The Clever Way
One Goal, One Passion - 5S
A place for Everything, Everything in its Place
Think Different, Think Clean

This is Urgent , Please Help!!!!!

Thanks,

Deming's point #10, in part:

Eliminate slogans, exhortations, and targets for the work force asking for zero defects and new levels of productivity. Such exhortations only create adversarial relationships, as the bulk of the causes of low quality and low productivity belong to the system and thus lie beyond the power of the work force.

There are times, I think, when slogans might be inocuous and perhaps helpful, but in general, I think of it this way: If the workforce understands and accepts the goals and concepts in question, and enabling processes are in place, slogans are unnecessary. On the other hand, if the workers don't understand what's expected, or processes aren't capable, slogans won't help, and will probably be harmful, as Deming suggested.

S

Scott G

o.k. I am preparing to be blasted by the Deming's (small mindless creatures that blindly follow their guru over the cliff into the sea). {Note sarcastic comment is a weak attempt at humor not directed at any individual in the cove}.

What if Deming is wrong and others like Crosby are right? There seems to be a knee jerk reaction to accept things just because Deming says so. Deming was a great teacher and there is great value in following his example. There is however also value in other approaches too though.

I also think sometimes people in Quality tend to see things in black and white. While that is usually a good thing for someone asked to be the judge of processes and specs, sometimes it can be taken to the extreme. Is Deming's point 10 being stretched out of context to say all slogans are evil. Seems to me to be what he is truly getting out is to avoid judging people or setting goals for people, as there are many hidden things out of their control.

While I will agree that most slogans do little more than inflate the egos of CEO's, marketing guys and people who create the slogans, I do not dismiss them off hand. I have seen many examples where slogans have worked to help unite people toward a common goal.

At a large U.S. based commercial airplane maker the slogan "Tidy friday" is commonly used. It isn't on banners but is used as a rallying cry every friday by the shop 5S coordinators. It does seem silly and hokey but it works. There is a lot of pride taken in a properly cleaned an organized shop, and the slogan is just a weekly reminder.

Also while I will agree that most banners are a waste of time and money, they are sometimes useful. A banner for a crew that has just done something above and beyond normal can sometimes be a real moral boost, but it can be dangerous too. If it isn't sincere, and if it comes from an out of touch manager, it can be cynically seen as being condesending.

R

Randy Stewart

I agree with Deming on slogans. They are just words and after awhile they really don't hold much weight. Do companys really live up to their Quality Policy Statement? But that's another thread.
Everytime I hear a slogan I think about the "Quality is Job 1" from Ford. Sounds nice, but what does it mean? I hope you can see what I'm getting at.
On the other hand, statements, quotes, etc. to raise awareness I think are different. At least IMO.
Demings point goes into increased productivity and targets. I don't think a "WORK SAFE" or "THINK CLEAN & LEAN" fall into the category of slogans.

Top Bottom