5S (Five S) Slogan Ideas - Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, Shitsuke

T

tdanisevicius

Ideas

Hi,

I found some interesting ideas about 5s (or 6S)

"People practice the 5S’s in their personal lives
without even knowing it."

"A place for everything and
everything in its place,
clean and ready for use."

Good housekeeping:
“Good factories develop beginning with the 5S’s;
bad factories fall apart beginning with the 5S’s.”
-Hirouki Hirano

Good Luck.

Tomas

V

vijayrai1981

regarding 5s

good house keeping is the importent tool to producing quality product.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
vijayrai1981 said:
good house keeping is the importent tool to producing quality product.

Welcome to the Cove, vijayrai1981. True, there is a link between proper housekeeping and producing a quality product, but I think that there is a stronger relationship between proper housekeeping and the safety of our people.

When my facility first started to introduce the concepts of 5S, we made one huge mistake....we said it was all for good housekeeping. :( The people didn't care about that. After all, we're a steel mill...not some high-tech, super-clean environment.

When we started to show the relationship between 5S and safety...well, that worked wonders! As it evolved, we then showed them the link to efficiency and product quality.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
tdanisevicius said:
Hi,

I found some interesting ideas about 5s (or 6S)

"People practice the 5S’s in their personal lives
without even knowing it."

"A place for everything and
everything in its place,
clean and ready for use."

Good housekeeping:
“Good factories develop beginning with the 5S’s;
bad factories fall apart beginning with the 5S’s.”

-Hirouki Hirano
I think that's more true than most people realize.

Also see: Five S (5S) in the wiki.

G

gszekely

Slogans

Thank you Marc !
What do you think ? Does slogans motivate at work, individuals as well, or only teams and communities ? Can the reason be for no trust in slogans, that we "distroyed" most of our community feelings, and we drive for individual success in our life ?
Can it be that, while in Western Europe and Nord America, slogans are not anymore in use it may still work in developing countries.
Maybe.
György

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
gszekely said:
Thank you Marc !
What do you think ? Does slogans motivate at work, individuals as well, or only teams and communities ? Can the reason be for no trust in slogans, that we "distroyed" most of our community feelings, and we drive for individual success in our life ?
Can it be that, while in Western Europe and Nord America, slogans are not anymore in use it may still work in developing countries.
Maybe.
György

I think it's fairly simple: slogans, by themselves, have no intrinisic value. Hanging big banners that say "Zero Defects!" without having designed and implemented systems that prevent defects from occurring can only cause fear and loathing. On the other hand, if systems of defect prevention have been designed and implemented, there's no need for slogans. Slogans are political tools used, as Orwell put it, to give the appearance of substance to pure wind.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
gszekely said:
Does slogans motivate at work, individuals as well, or only teams and communities ? Can the reason be for no trust in slogans, that we "distroyed" most of our community feelings, and we drive for individual success in our life ?
I agree with Jim. A slogan is just words. As to who they will motivate, I couldn't say. I'm too old to believe in slogans - I have to see more than a slogan to get interested, not to mention to 'believe' in one.

I think it depends upon the experience of the people and a lot of other factors, but I don't see location as an important part of the equation - People are pretty much the sme everywhere.

R

ralphsulser

We do monthly 5S audits for each area or department in the facility.
Anybody know who or what companies are now using 6S wtih the sixth S being Safety, included in their internal "5S" audits. I think this is a great way to emphasize the importance of safety awareness and prevent incidents.

Top Bottom