5S, TPM, LEAN, TPR and SLIM - How to implement these concepts in process industry?

L

lakhs_g

How to impelment these lean concepts in process industry?....

and we can make it work with the help of SLIM.

W

wmarhel

Re: 5S, TPM, LEAN, TPR and SLIM - How to implement these concepts in process industry

Could explain TPR and SLIM please?

Wayne

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Acronyms are fun, but confusing!

How to impelment these lean concepts in process industry?....

Moderator comment
You came to us one year ago asking a similar question (http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?p=128990#post128990) but never replied to questions in that thread.

Secondly, it is not considered good form to use acronyms without explaining them. This is a forum for ALL levels of knowledge and comprehension and we want to make all posts understandable and accessible to all users.

That said, we hope you will have the courtesy to return and amend your post this year and respond to questions and comments, unlike your thread begun last year.

J

jrubio

How to implement these lean concepts in process industry?....

My answer is "Step by Step" .

There are many tools, first take one, SDCA and PDCA (The two wheels of improvement)

:lmao:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Acronyms - terrible without explanation!

My answer is "Step by Step" .

There are many tools, first take one, SDCA and PDCA (The two wheels of improvement)

:lmao:
:frust:
I know what SDCA and PDCA mean, but other readers may not. Please return and explain first use of ANY acronym.

J

jrubio

Re: Acronyms - terrible without explanation!

:frust:
I know what SDCA and PDCA mean, but other readers may not. Please return and explain first use of ANY acronym.

SDCA: standardize, Do, Check, Act (make it the new S-D-C-A cycle).
PDCA: Plan, Do, Check, Act

Attachments

• SDCA-PDCA.jpg
    SDCA-PDCA.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 656
D

DsqrdDGD909

Re: Acronyms - terrible without explanation!

Or "abbreviations," since no acronyms were used. :D

Like so much of today's language - this one appears to be changing also:

Main Entry: ac·ro·nym
Pronunciation: 'a-kr&-"nim
Function: noun
Etymology: acr- + -onym
: a word (as NATO, radar, or laser) formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the successive parts or major parts of a compound term; also : an abbreviation (as FBI) formed from initial letters : INITIALISM

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
5S, TPM, LEAN, TPR and SLIM ....

Acronyms and Abbreviations....

To the original poster, lakhs_g, I strongly recommend that you try using the "Search" function here in the Cove. It is towards the top right of the screen...below the box which says "Welcome, lakhs_g." Enter in key words. You may try your acronyms and abbreviations - some of them will probably work - but as Wes has said, not all companies or industries use the same terms.

My own company started something called "Operational Excellence"....thankfully, we're now calling it "Lean". And what were once referred to as "Quick Improvement Events" we're now calling Kaizen Blitzes. It's nice to speak the language of the manufacturing world. :lol:

At the very top of your screen, in the middle, will be something called "More Free Files". If you click there, you might also find some presentations on the subjects you are asking about.

The concepts about which you ask have been discussed here before - more or less. There are all concepts that deserve threads dedicated to them on an individual basis. As well, the idea of implementing them, is to vague for us to provide you with one short answer...let alone an answer that will work for you.

Each company is different. Each organization is different. Each industry is different. These variables mean that implementation techniques will vary. What works in my company would not necessarily work for yours, unfortunately.

When you have done the research, let us know if you still have questions.

Top Bottom