6.2.1 Assignment of Personnel - Applicable education, training, skills and experience

A

Andy Bassett

'Personnel who are assigned responsibilities defined in the quality management system shall be competent on the basis of applicable education, training, skills and experience'

I dread the uproar that this will create if i went through a large company and assessed their ability to do the job.

I propose to cover this section by analysing further training needs for NEW employees and, by asking Dept Managers once per year if any of their employees need specific training.

Will this wash?

Regards

------------------
Andy B

S

Sherri O

Andy, that's a good start. Job Descriptions for personnel, training records, copys of educational certificates / formalized training, etc. will also benefit.

A

Andy Bassett

Sheerio

Thanks for your help, i plan to do all you say as a matter of course.

I once got tied into an customer audit with a client where the customer insisted on seeing a complete skills matrix, ie a list of all company personnel, their required skills, and evidence of their actual skills.

As you can imagine, this is a step higher than doing a training plan and creating job descriptions.

Regards

------------------
Andy B

[This message has been edited by Andy Bassett (edited 22 September 2000).]

Top Bottom