7.2.1 (d) - "Any additional requirements determined by the organisation"

M

M Greenaway

Just found this one and I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

Reference ISO9001:2000, clause 7.2.1 (d).

Reading this it says "The organisation shall determine............d) any additional requirements determined by the organisation."

So my audit question is - have you determined the additional requirements that you have determined.

answer - of course I have, what a stupid question.

Its a bit like saying have you done the things you have done. Well look at the things ive done and tell me if ive done them.

I'm rapidly starting to think that ISO9001:2000 is very poorly written and constructed.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
E

energy

Re: Another stupid clause ?

Originally posted by M Greenaway
Just found this one and I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

Reference ISO9001:2000, clause 7.2.1 (d).

Reading this it says "The organisation shall determine............d) any additional requirements determined by the organisation."

So my audit question is - have you determined the additional requirements that you have determined.

answer - of course I have, what a stupid question.

Its a bit like saying have you done the things you have done. Well look at the things ive done and tell me if ive done them.

I'm rapidly starting to think that ISO9001:2000 is very poorly written and constructed.
Considering the requirements in a, b, c, an example would be affixing a special nameplate to your equipment. Not a Customer requirement. Not necessary for it's intended use. Not a statutory or regulatory requirement. We decided that we want to track this particular piece of equipment, in particular, throughout it's service life at it's destination. I think it's meant for those extraordinary requirements that crop up. Your audit question may be "Have you determined any additional requirements for your organization?" My answer "For what?" :bonk: :ko: :smokin:

M

M Greenaway

Your question 'Have you determined any additional requirements for your organisation' can be answered yes or no. There is no right answer, and it is a pointless question.

Looking purely at the words used, the question poised is have you determined what you have determined.

It makes no sense !!

I can understand the question 'have you applied the additional requirements determined by the organisation', but that is a different question, and not part of this clause.

J

Jim Biz

energy - imho you're on the right track - until you got to "for what"??

the section (including the info in 9004 guidelines) reads to me as if it is saying - "ok you think everything is fine" - now "are you SURE" you have it covered?

Possible follow-up question (s)
Can you prove you have a clear understanding and effectivley communicated the elements/expectations of your process - to all interested parties ? considering each aspect of a,b,c ?

During any secondary review of a,b,c items did you discover/determine any actions that would improve the expectations of the customer beyond those that formerly have been addressed during process planning ??

Last edited by a moderator:
M

M Greenaway

Jim that is a wild interpretation of this clause and you have added many things that just arent there.

Have you ever thought of becoming an assessor ? :vfunny:

E

energy

Good ones

Originally posted by Jim Biz
energy - imho you're on the right track - until you got to "for what"??

the section (including the info in 9004 guidelines) reads to me as if it is saying - "ok you think everything is fine" - now "are you SURE" you have it covered? Yes we do!

Possible follow-up question (s)
Can you prove you have a clear understanding and effectivley communicated the elements/expectations of your process - to all interested parties ? considering each aspect of a,b,c ? Sure, our job folder contains all the Product Realizaton records for this customer.

During any secondary review of a,b,c items did you discover/determine any actions that would improve the expectations of the customer beyond those that formerly have been addressed during process planning ?? No.
More like our expectations. You have a problem with that, Mr. Auditor Bonehead? (under my breath, of course)
:ko: :smokin:

E

energy

Aren't there?

Originally posted by M Greenaway
Jim that is a wild interpretation of this clause and you have added many things that just arent there.
M.
No wilder than the beginning of this thread called "Another stupid clause". Stupid is in the eye of the beholder! It's all about interpretation. Let me look in my "Guidelines" for a more definitive interpretation. I'll get back to you later this year!:biglaugh: :ko: :smokin:

M

M Greenaway

Improving the expecatations of the customer without actually being able to deliver on those expectations sounds to me like a very poor idea.

M

M Greenaway

Sorry energy about the reference to 'stupid' in the title, but I had to catch peoples attention.

Anyway has anyone got a reasonable reply apart from the waffle offered so far ? :rolleyes:

J

Jim Biz

Frankly - I've never been through an assessment - where absolutley "NO" additional interprative aspects were taken into consideration.

I may be way off base with my thinking - and we surley can agree to disagree ---

But I believe the additional leeway for intrepretation is part of the reason the standards are being touted as a "CONSISTANT (which is arguable in itself) PAIR :truce:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Additional National requirements for placing MD in the EU countries EU Medical Device Regulations 6
A Selling CE marked self-test in Malta - any additional requirements? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Changes in MDSAP regarding to CMDCAS - Are there any new additional requirements? Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
B Additional requirements for selling Class I Medical Device in Poland EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A Special Characteristics -> Any specific additional requirements to be met? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
B Airbus & Boeing Standard and Additional Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
P ISO13485 Clause 7.2.1 (d) Additional Requirements - Need advise ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
B CMDCAS versus ISO 13485 - What are the additional requirements Canada Medical Device Regulations 21
B Additional Handset added to System - Additional 510(k) Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
P CMDCAS Checklist with the additional requirements for Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 4
S EC Official Journal Harmonized Standards - Additional requirements? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
W Additional Regulatory Requirements for Medical Device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
A EN 9100 - interpretation of additional requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
H CMDCAS vs. ISO13485 - Additional requirements to normal ISO 13485 for CMDCAS audits? Canada Medical Device Regulations 22
L Impact on 510(k) to use an additional manufacture US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
B GM GP-12 Exit Criteria - Additional Safe Launch Inspection - (Also see GM1927-28 ) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
A Medical device Reporting : Good Faith Effort for Additional information Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
J CE Certificate and additional processing EU Medical Device Regulations 4
dgrainger Informational Additional Guidance Regarding the Vigilance System as outlined in MEDDEV 2.12-1 rev. 8 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
V Additional Controls for processing the raw data on different computers (processing system) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 5
K Letter to file vs Special 510 for additional accessory in orthopaedic kit Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
W FAIR to AS9102 additional documentation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
C Additional Training for CCT (Certified Calibration Technician) Recertification Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
P Adding an additional distributor to a current Mexico Medical Device Registration Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Q Additional KPI to Top Management beside Quality Objectives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Q Risk Management - Additional Process in ISO 9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
L How document an additional software of my main device software?? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
J Example of additional Audits of Remote Supporting Functions IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
F Additional Isolation Required? Doppler Probe Desktop Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
Z Getting Charged for AS9104/1 Additional Audit Time General Auditing Discussions 6
C AS 9102 Form 0 "Additional Information for High Risk Characteristics" AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
M Additional Procedures required for QA Department Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
P Does a 'recommended' additional Audit need to be conducted? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
A Additional Control Measures for Outsourced Processes under ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G MDLA - Extensions allowed for 60 day Request for Additional Information? Canada Medical Device Regulations 4
G Additional Intended Use Predicate 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
T Shipping Additional Product ("Bundle") with a Class 2 Medical Device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
A TS 16949 5.6.2.1 - Input to Management Review - Additional Management Review Meetings and related Processes 7
S Adding an additional site to our current TS 16949 registration scope IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M Refurbishing a Medical Device - Any additional information needed 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B Additional site to be included in TS Cert. (Common owners & some functions) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J Restructuring and Additional Responsibilities - Need New Quality Title Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 15
C Allowance for Slip Fit - Additional Allowance applied to GO NO GO Plug Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 26
Govind Additional discount on certification fee Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
S Number of copies for an FDA additional information request? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J RoHS Compliance - Steel - Customer wants additional samples tested RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 32
G Sample Report to justify additional Document Control workforce Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
K Lead Internal Auditor Training - Does the lead auditor require additional training? Internal Auditing 6
H Additional sources for ASQ CQT exam sample questions Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
P Unreasonable FMEA request? Customer requests additional Steps in our FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 5